Pak govt says its not aware of any US-Musharraf secret deal on war-on-terrorOctober 16th, 2008 - 3:21 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad , Oct 16 (ANI): The Pakistan government has reportedly expressed its complete ignorance about any secret agreement between former president Pervez Musharraf and the US on cooperation in the war against terror.
The countrys Information Minister Sherry Rehman said this last evening during the policy briefing in the closed-door meeting of Parliament reserved for a question-answer session.
Replying to MPs questions, Sherry Rehman said that the government was not aware of any secret deal between Pervez Musharraf and the Bush administration.
PML-N Senator Zafar Iqbal Jhagra had the Pakistan Government asked about the secret agreement between Pervez Musharraf and the US regarding Pakistan s cooperation in the war against terror.
According to sources, on the occasion, the government faced severe criticism for allegedly pursuing Musharrafs policies and was asked to reshape them according to the will of the people. The minister also did not agree with the view that the government was pursuing Musharrafs policies, saying the present government consulted parliament unlike the previous regime, which was run by one man.
In total around 46 questions were asked, out of which 41 were answered by Sherry Rehman. PM Gilani himself answered the questions of Senator S M Zafar and three other MPs. (ANI)
- Don't come back, ISI chief told Musharraf in Dubai - Jan 24, 2012
- Why doesn't judiciary act against Musharraf in Benazir case: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Sherry Rehman appointed Pakistan's envoy to US - Nov 23, 2011
- Musharraf warrant valid till compliance: Pakistan to Interpol - May 21, 2012
- Musharraf delays return to Pakistan - Jan 19, 2012
- Obama reviews efforts to renew Pakistan ties: Daily - Feb 10, 2012
- McCain has blood of peaceful civilians on his hands: Putin - Dec 15, 2011
- Sherry Rehman may be next on Pak terror hitlist - Mar 03, 2011
- Independent Election Commission sought in Pakistan - Jan 08, 2012
- Musharraf hints Britain tacitly approved torture against subjects - Mar 14, 2011
- Ties with US not normal: Sherry Rehman - Jan 28, 2012
- Sherry Rehman as envoy to US a surprise: Pakistani daily - Nov 24, 2011
- Malik passes NRO accountability buck to Musharraf - Oct 03, 2010
- Musharraf's policies have placed Pak on a 'volcano of explosives': JUI chief - Jan 19, 2010
- Pakistan discusses reopening of NATO supply routes - Jul 15, 2012
Tags: answer session, bush administration, cooperation, former president, information minister, pak govt, pakistan government, parliament, pervez musharraf, pml n, present government, president pervez musharraf, regime, sherry rehman, war against terror, war on terror, zafar iqbal