Pak forces retrieve 15 NATO supply trucks hijacked by TalibanNovember 11th, 2008 - 3:11 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Nov 11 (ANI): Pakistani security forces retrieved all the 15 trucks which were hijacked by the Taliban earlier on Monday while they were en route to Afghanistan to deliver goods to US-led coalition forces.
At least two Taliban fighters were killed in the operation carried out to retrieve the trucks. We have successfully recovered all the trucks … two militants were killed and five wounded in the operation, a foreign news agency report quoted official Rahat Khan as saying.
13 of the trucks contained wheat and two were carrying military vehicles. The trucks were seized at four places along a road leading to the Afghan border, the Daily Times quoted official sources as saying.
About 60 masked gunmen popped up on the road and took away the trucks. Not a single shot was fired, an official said.
A military offensive followed the hijacking, with two gunship helicopters targeting Godar, Saurkamar and Varmado Mela areas of Jamrud. (ANI)
- Pak Taliban set afire truck carrying US military jeep to Karachi - Nov 12, 2008
- 13 militants killed in Pakistan, NATO supply convoy hijacked (Lead) - Nov 11, 2008
- 23 militants killed in Kandahar - May 08, 2011
- 10 abducted, six vehicles torched in Pakistan - Jul 18, 2011
- US tourists kidnapped, released in Egypt - Feb 04, 2012
- 50 militants killed in Pakistan - Apr 08, 2011
- Explosives-laden truck hijacked, recovered in Jharkhand - Jun 09, 2012
- Osama bin Laden killed, Pakistan kept in dark (Roundup) - May 02, 2011
- Four killed in Afghanistan Quran burning protests (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Twelve killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Sep 02, 2012
- Suicide bombing kills 13 in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 10, 2010
- Pakistan Taliban warns MPs against NATO supply restoration - Mar 26, 2012
- Mexican cartels moving drugs in armoured vehicles - Jan 18, 2012
- Pakistan temporarily bans movement of trucks carrying NATO troop supplies - Nov 17, 2008
- Dozens killed after militants ambush NATO convoy in western Afghanistan - Mar 30, 2012
Tags: afghan border, afghanistan, coalition forces, foreign news, gunship, helicopters, hijacking, islamabad, masked gunmen, militants, military vehicles, nato, news agency, single shot, taliban, taliban fighters, trucks, wheat