Pak emergency bothers India more: BJPNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:27 am ICT by admin
“The Party conveys its deep solidarity with the people of Pakistan in this hour of struggle in restoration of democracy and the rule of law,” he said in a statement.
Jatiley said that for the people of India, particularly for those either born or grew up after 1975, the developments of the past 24 hours in Pakistan is a replica of what India had gone through during the Internal Emergency.
Pointing out that highlighting the threat of extremism, dangers of destabilization, and even encroachment by the judiciary into the Executive domain have been favourite slogans used by the dictators as an alibi for proclamation of emergency, he said: “It is not surprising that General Pervez Musharraf has used terrorism and judicial encroachment into the Executive domain to highlight the threat of destabilization.”
He also recalled the state of emergency imposed in India between 1975-77, saying those who born after the mid-1970s may understand as to what the country had faced during that period.
“The Indian Nation displayed a great resilience in fighting the emergency. We hope for a similar success of our Pakistani counterparts,” Jatiley added.
Meanwhile, the Communist Party of India (Marxist) also expressed its “deep” concern over the latest political development in Pakistan.
“The imposition of the emergency and virtual martial law are harmful for the country. The people of Pakistan are overwhelmingly in favour of a democratic set-up,” the CPM said in a statement.
“The Polit Bureau of the CPI(M) expresses its support to the democratic forces in Pakistan who are struggling for the restoration of democracy,” it added. (ANI)
- Gadkari attacks Sonia, Congress returns fire (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Ramlila Ground crackdown a fascist action: Gadkari - Jun 15, 2011
- Gadkari attacks Sonia, Congress returns fire (Second Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Current times worse than emergency: Advani - Sep 12, 2012
- Advani jibe at PM on Emergency - Jan 05, 2012
- Advani urges parties, people to confront corruption - Dec 19, 2010
- Rs.200 mn endowment fund for Pakistani journalists - Aug 11, 2011
- Akhilesh offers sops for prisoners of emergency - May 01, 2012
- Country heading towards another Emergency, says BJP - May 25, 2012
- Ramdev's eviction attack on Indian democracy: Chouhan - Jun 05, 2011
- Thousands attend Bal Apte's funeral - Jul 18, 2012
- India asks Pak not to allow territory under its control to spread terrorism - Sep 29, 2010
- Karnataka minister V.S. Acharya dead - Feb 14, 2012
- WikiLeaks release: BJP has a habit of politicising issues, says Tiwari - Dec 17, 2010
- NCTC controversy: Playing politics with terrorism (Comment) - Feb 25, 2012
Tags: bjp party, communist party of india, CPI, democracy and the rule of law, democratic forces, encroachment, general pervez musharraf, indian nation, internal emergency, mid 1970s, pakistan, polit bureau, political development, religious terrorism, restoration, struggle, virtual martial law