Pak cricketers Sohail, Kamran were dining in Mumbai when terror struckNovember 28th, 2008 - 4:53 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Nov 28 (ANI): Pakistani cricketers Sohail Tanvir and Kamran Akmal were in dining Mumbai on Wednesday evening when terror struck several places in the financial capital, especially hotels Taj Palace and Oberoi, and Nariman House.
The duo was shaken by the terror strikes.
It was unimaginable, the terror and the loss of life. It was really unfortunate and Im hoping that things will get normal here in Mumbai, The News quoted Tanvir as saying in an interview to a Pakistani TV.
The Pakistani pacer was named as the best bowler of the inaugural IPL season.
Kamran Akmal said the incidents in Mumbai have proved that terrorism was a global problem and not just confined to Pakistan. We are here in India and express complete solidarity with the people of this country. We are ready to play cricket even after what has happened because you cannot give in to terrorists, Akmal said.
The Pakistan wicketkeeper said that he hoped that Indian cricketers would also shrug off any security worries and travel to Pakistan to play in a much-awaited series in January-February next year. (ANI)
- Tanvir and Akmal in Mumbai, shaken by terror strike - Nov 27, 2008
- Pakistan recall Kamran Akmal, Razzaq for World T20 - Jul 12, 2012
- Kamran, Naved in 30-man preliminary Pak World Cup squad - Jan 05, 2011
- Pakistan drop Razzaq, Kamran from ODIs, T20 side - Apr 06, 2011
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- Gambhir lashes out at Afridi - Jul 16, 2011
- Kamran, Razzaq, Younus omitted from Pak squad for West Indies tour - Apr 06, 2011
- PCB drops Yousuf, Malik, Kaneria from central contracts list - Mar 10, 2011
- No takers for Pakistani players at IPL auction - Jan 19, 2010
- Pak keeper Kamran Akmal under fire for issuing 'irresponsible statements' - Jan 13, 2010
- PCB recalls Younus to Test and T20 squads, overlooks Malik, Akmal, Yousuf - Dec 01, 2010
- Afridi, Akmal not in new PCB contracts - Aug 08, 2011
- Pakistan names cricket squad for T20 World Cup - Jul 18, 2012
- PCB yet to clear players' participation in IPL - Nov 17, 2009
- Kamran's father-in-law sues Zulqarnain for Rs100mn over 'match fixer' allegations - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: cricket, global problem, indian cricketers, january february, kamran akmal, mumbai, mumbai terror attack, nariman, oberoi, pacer, pak cricketers, pakistan, pakistani cricketers, security worries, sohail, solidarity, tanvir, terror, terrorists, wednesday evening, wicketkeeper