Padgaonkar, Kumar to meet jailed separatists in JammuOctober 27th, 2010 - 1:42 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Oct 27 (IANS) Meeting jailed separatist leaders in Jammu tops the agenda of the two interlocutors on Kashmir who are arriving here Wednesday afternoon from Srinagar, officials say.
Journalist Dileep Padgaonkar and academic Radha Kumar will meet separatist leaders like Shabir Shah, Asiya Andrabi and president of Kashmir Bar Association Mian Abdul Qayoom in Kot Bhalwal jail on the outskirts of Jammu, official sources told IANS.
The third interlocutor, former bureaucrat M.M. Ansari, has flown back to New Delhi.
“There is also a proposal for their visiting a migrant camp of Kashmiri Hindus at Muthi,” an official told IANS. “But the schedule would be firmed up once the interlocutors reach here,” an official told IANS.
The two will also meet representatives of industry, university teachers and the leaders of various political groups.
Padgaonkar and Kumar are arriving here at a time when Jammu is celebrating the state’s accession with India. Several political groups in Jammu marked the occasion Tuesday and are observing Wednesday as “Vijay divas” or victory day.
This is the second leg of their first visit to the state as interlocutors on Kashmir. All the three had met various sections of society in Kashmir Valley.
- Padgaonkar, Kumar arrive in Jammu (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Interlocutors visit Kot Bhalwal jail in Jammu (Third Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- BJP, jailed separatists boycott interlocutors in Jammu (Night Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- We've met almost everyone in valley, say interlocutors (Second Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- J-K interlocutors visit separatist leader Shabir Ahmad Shah's home - Oct 25, 2010
- Pandits, BJP boycott interlocutors in Jammu (Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Padgaonkar says will talk to separatists when they are ready - Oct 28, 2010
- Kashmir interlocutors to submit 'initial' report in two weeks - Feb 23, 2011
- Panthers Party to boycott meet with former interlocutors - Aug 30, 2012
- All-party meet on Kashmir report in November - Oct 26, 2011
- Interlocutors to hold round table in Jammu - Jun 26, 2011
- J&K; parties boycott interlocutors' report - Sep 02, 2012
- Interlocutors send invites to Kashmir separatists - Feb 11, 2011
- Interlocutors to meet J-K CM Omar Adullah - Oct 25, 2010
- Jammu parties boycott former interlocutors - Sep 02, 2012
Tags: accession, ansari, bureaucrat, divas, interlocutor, interlocutors, journalist, kashmir, kashmir valley, kashmiri hindus, migrant camp, muthi, New Delhi, outskirts, political groups, radha kumar, separatist leaders, university teachers, victory day, wednesday afternoon