PAC questions Anil Ambani in 2G scam probeApril 5th, 2011 - 3:23 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 5 (ANI): The Parliament’s Public Accounts Committee (PAC) questioned Reliance Communications Chairman Anil Ambani on Tuesday in connection with the 2G spectrum scam probe.
The panel headed by senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Murli Manohar Joshi also questioned Etisalat DB Telecom CEO Atul Jham in connection with the 2G scam.
The PAC had on Monday questioned corporate lobbyist and top industrialist Ratan Tata.
Ambani’s questioning by the PAC comes just days after the CBI filed its first chargesheet in the case.
In the 127-page chargesheet, the CBI has criticised the Anil Dhirubai Ambani Group (ADAG) for conspiring to cheat the exchequer of thousands of crores along with former Telecom Minister A Raja and others.
Earlier, the CBI had named three of the top names of the ADAG for abatement of cheating, criminal conspiracy, bribing government servants and forgery. Also, Reliance Telecom Limited itself has been named in the chargesheet for similar offences.
CBI chargesheet said that Gautam Doshi, group managing director, Reliance ADA group; Surendra Pipara, senior vice president of ADAG and Reliance Telecom and Hari Nair, senior VP ADAG, floated Swan Telecom as a front company of Reliance for getting 2G license.
CBI alleged that the trio formed Swan out of funds arranged from Reliance Telecom with the common intention to cheat.
They violated UASL guidelines that a company which was already operating as a telecom service provider in a circle could not through any subsidiary get another license.
Reliance had so far contented that they had only 10 per cent stake in Swan but CBI investigations has busted that claim.
Swan Telecom (now DB Etisalat) chief Shahid Usman Balwa is already in custody in connection with the scam.
The others arrested in connection with the case are A Raja, his personal secretary RK Chandolia and former Telecom Secretary Siddharth Behuria. (ANI)
- 2G Scam: PAC unlikely to summit report - Apr 21, 2011
- 2G scam: Anil Ambani to appear before PAC - Apr 05, 2011
- 2G scam: Delhi court rejects bail plea of five corporate honchos - Apr 20, 2011
- Anil Ambani meets CBI to clarify issues relating to telecom matters - Feb 16, 2011
- 2G scam: Bail plea of corporate honchos to be heard today - May 02, 2011
- 2G scam: Bail plea of corporate honchos deferred till Wednesday - May 02, 2011
- No benefit to Reliance Group from UAS license: CBI - Oct 03, 2011
- CBI summons Anil Ambani in 2G scam case - Feb 16, 2011
- 2G scam: Niira Radia appears before PAC - Apr 04, 2011
- 2G scam: CBI seeks detention of five corporate executives - Apr 15, 2011
- 2G scam: SC to pass order on public prosecutor's appointment on Monday - Apr 10, 2011
- 2G scam: SC to pass order on public prosecutor's appointment - Apr 11, 2011
- 'Candid' Tata, 'evasive' Radia appear before PAC in 2G probe (Roundup) - Apr 04, 2011
- 2G scam: Corporate leaders appear before special court - Apr 13, 2011
- Public Accounts Committee questions more people in 2G probe - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: ada group, adag, anil ambani, atul, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, cbi, corporate lobbyist, criminal conspiracy, crores, etisalat, government servants, hari nair, industrialist, murli manohar joshi, personal secretary, public accounts committee, reliance telecom, senior vice president, telecom service provider