Oz woman escapes croc’s jaws with mere bite woundsApril 3rd, 2008 - 4:59 pm ICT by admin
Melbourne, Apr 3 (ANI): An Aussie woman is thanking her lucky stars after escaping from the jaws of a crocodile while swimming in a Northern Territory national park.
The 36-year-old woman has received eight wounds in her right thigh.
The 2.5 metre saltwater crocodile was trying to drag the woman underwater at Litchfield National Park when her husband jumped on the reptile’s back and wrestled her free, police said.
“The animal released the woman and swam into a concrete culvert,” theage.com.au quoted police, as saying.
The woman was taken to Woolaning community for first aid treatment for eight puncture wounds in her right thigh, a puncture wound in her left thigh and a severe cut to one of her fingers.
She was then transferred to the Royal Darwin Hospital. A spokeswoman of the medical centre said that she was in a stable condition.
Ranger Luke Playford said it was the first crocodile attack in the Litchfield National Park, which is regularly trawled for the reptiles.
“The water is only 1.5m deep where the crocodile attacked the woman - which highlights that at this time of the year, following the wet season rains, saltwater crocodiles can find their way into rivers and creeks where they are not normally found,” he said. (ANI)
- Heroic hubby saves wife from croc's jaws - Apr 03, 2008
- Sri Lanka to catch man-eating crocodiles - Apr 13, 2012
- Crocodile predicts Australian PM's win in polls - Aug 20, 2010
- Bhitarkanika bans tourist entry as crocodiles breed - May 15, 2012
- Crocodile 'given bikini wax and pedicure' - Nov 21, 2011
- Australian punches attacking croc, escapes - Feb 06, 2011
- Man-crocodile conflict in Australia's outbacks - Mar 21, 2009
- Crocodiles ride ocean currents to cross large areas of open sea - Jun 08, 2010
- Drunken Australian Man Survives After Attempting Crocodile Ride - Jul 14, 2010
- Oz man 'punches' attacking croc, escapes - Feb 06, 2011
- Huge pet crocodile seized in Mexico - Feb 10, 2012
- Now, crocodiles are Bangladesh's new export item - Jun 05, 2010
- Crocodiles kill eight in Zimbabwe dam - Jan 18, 2010
- Crocodile eats a woman's cell phone in Ukraine - Jan 25, 2011
- Barefoot Oz fisherman steps on croc while fishing, gets bitten - Oct 24, 2010
Tags: bite wounds, concrete culvert, crocodile, crocodile attack, crocodiles, free police, jaws, litchfield national park, lucky stars, medical centre, northern territory, playford, puncture wound, puncture wounds, reptile, saltwater crocodile, saltwater crocodiles, stable condition, wet season, woman escapes