Oz lifeguards turn morality police; tell men not to ogleJuly 5th, 2008 - 5:17 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, July 5 (ANI): Besides saving lives on beaches, lifeguards Down Under have slipped into another role the morality police.
Senior lifeguards are evicting increasing numbers of oglers from popular topless sunbathing spots.
They have even warned of men armed with hidden cameras who were filming unsuspecting female sunbakers on Queensland beaches, reports News.com.au.
The lifesavers revealed that “dodgy types” were warned on an almost daily basis about ogling and sitting unacceptably close to topless women while some perverts even used telescopes for spying.
But the restrictions are not just confined to men, for women have been warned not to run around half-naked, or go topless into the sea.
In Cairns, women were allowed to sunbake topless on the Esplanade but lifeguards were supposed to enforce a “no jiggle” law.
Under the five-year-old rule, women could legally take their tops off as long as they did not strut about, swim in the pool, play beach volleyball or fling a Frisbee. (ANI)
- Men want girlfriends to cover up - Aug 15, 2010
- UK men don't want girlfriends to go topless - Aug 16, 2010
- Women in US go bare-chested for 'Go Topless Day' - Aug 23, 2011
- Kazhak boy pulled into sea by strong waves - Sep 10, 2011
- 3 Russians saved from drowning off Goa beach - Sep 10, 2012
- Indian basketball teams announced for Asian Beach Games - Jun 15, 2012
- Baywatch in Goa? Little hope for now - Apr 25, 2012
- 'Troubling' topless sunbather sparks Italian debate - Aug 12, 2010
- Two drown off Mumbai's Juhu beach - Aug 20, 2012
- Paris sunbathers face jail for topless act - Aug 02, 2012
- Asbury Park To Allow Topless Women On The Beach - Jun 26, 2010
- Jim Jones sued by two girls for using half-naked images in his video - Feb 11, 2011
- Sri Lanka one gold behind leader India in South Asian Beach Games - Oct 13, 2011
- Ronit Roy gives up alcohol for 'ogle-worthy physique' - May 28, 2012
- South African beach dubbed world's deadliest - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: beach volleyball, cairns, daily basis, esplanade, frisbee, hidden cameras, lifeguards, lifesavers, melbourne, morality police, news com au, perverts, play beach, pool, queensland beaches, telescopes, topless women, tops