Oz envoy launches book to celebrate significant achievements of Indians Down UnderFebruary 17th, 2011 - 6:53 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 17(ANI): The Australian High Commissioner to India, Peter Varghese, and Human Resource Development Ministry Secretary Vibha Puri Das have launched “Endeavours of Excellence” - a major publication profiling Australian Government scholars from India and South and South East Asia.
The launch coincided with an official awards ceremony for the 2011 Endeavour scholarship awardees from India and the first anniversary celebration of www.MyOzNetwork.com - a networking portal for Indians with education connections to Australia.
“The ‘Endeavours of Excellence’ book celebrates the significant achievements and contributions of Indians and others who have studied under Australian Government scholarships,” Varghese said.
“We are also here to honour the 2011 recipients of the highly competitive and prestigious Endeavour scholarships, including two awardees who received Prime Minister’s Awards,” he added.
Since the 1950s, thousands of South and South East Asian students have studied in Australian universities and other education institutes under government scholarships.
Endeavour Awards bring high-achieving students, researchers and professionals from around the world to Australia for study, research or professional development in a broad range of disciplines.
The program also provides opportunities for Australians to do the same abroad.
“This event also celebrates the first anniversary of MyOzNetwork.com - an alumni networking portal which I launched last year and which is continually growing, with almost 2000 members now connected online to assist one another throughout their study and work lives,” Varghese said.
“Alumni are a critical bridge between our two countries and continue to contribute to building understanding between the people of Australia and India,” he added. (ANI)
- New website launched for Indian alumni, students in Australia - Feb 18, 2010
- Website launched for Indian alumni and students in Australia - Feb 18, 2010
- Australia awards 26 high achieving Indians - Feb 23, 2012
- Seven Indians awarded Australian scholarship (Lead) - Sep 21, 2010
- Seven Indians win Australian scholarship - Sep 21, 2010
- Seven Indian students get prestigious Australian scholarship - Sep 21, 2010
- Britain announces 60 new scholarships for Indians - Mar 28, 2012
- 'Amitabh has made inestimable contribution to global cinema' - Oct 20, 2011
- India-Australia workshop on energy efficiency - Apr 11, 2011
- Australia sees rise in Indian students' applications (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- India honours 14 of diaspora for enhancing its global image - Jan 09, 2012
- Rebuilding Indian students' faith post-Oz attacks: Varghese - Feb 16, 2011
- Oz Haat Mela in Delhi to showcase India's development - Dec 03, 2010
- Australia announces Endeavour Awards - May 15, 2009
- Australian businesses to talk shop during Commonwealth Games - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: anniversary celebration, australian government, australian high commissioner, australian universities, development ministry, east asian students, education connections, education institutes, endeavour scholarship, government scholars, government scholarships, human resource development, ministry secretary, networking portal, scholarship awardees, significant achievements, south east asia, south east asian, varghese, vibha