Oz cricketers will go by security advice for going to Pak: GillyAugust 19th, 2008 - 3:10 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Aug.19 (ANI): Former Australian vice-captain Adam Gilchrist believes Australia’’s leading players will abide by the advice of security experts on whether they should go to Pakistan for next month’’s Champions Trophy.
“I was speaking to a couple of [players] yesterday. There’’s a lot of uncertainty and there always seems to be these big decisions to be made,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Gilchrist, as saying.
“It is an important time for cricket, everyone has identified that - players and administrators. But as was the case throughout my career, you just take the advice of the experts in the security field,” he added.
An International Cricket Council task force, led by ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat, met senior Australian cricket identities in Melbourne last Friday to brief them on the latest security measures for the tournament.
Sri Lanka has been suggested as an alternative host for the Champions Trophy, CA officials said they had “no consideration of an alternative venue at this stage” and were awaiting further feedback from the ICC.
Pakistan officials remain confident the tournament will go ahead. (ANI)
- Lorgat calls on cricketing world to challenge India - Jan 14, 2012
- International cricket unlikely to return to Pakistan in near future: ICC - Apr 16, 2010
- Cricketing world pays hearty tribute to Sachin - Mar 16, 2012
- Not prepared any list of 29 cricketers: Lorgat - Sep 15, 2010
- Sri Lanka slash budget, put Australia tour in doubt - Jun 28, 2011
- Now comes talk of cricket World Cup moving out of India - Feb 22, 2010
- T20 helping cricket grow beyond traditional boundaries: ICC chief - Apr 12, 2010
- Australian cricketers not under IPL 2 corruption investigation: CA - Sep 13, 2010
- ICC CEO Lorgat to step down next year - Nov 22, 2011
- ICC executive board to discuss Test championship - Oct 09, 2011
- We have no knowledge of spot-fixing in IPL: Cricket Australia - Sep 13, 2010
- India's finest salute Sachin (Roundup) - Mar 16, 2012
- Praise showered on Sachin for century of tons (Intro Roundup) - Mar 16, 2012
- Zaheer nominated in three categories for ICC award - Aug 10, 2011
- Spot-fixing verdict on Pak cricketers would not affect World Cup: ICC chief - Jan 15, 2011