Oz court to decide Ledger’’s daughters share of his estateJuly 15th, 2008 - 4:34 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, July 15 (ANI): Having left his entire estate to his parents and three sisters, an Australian court will decided how much of a share Heath Ledgers daughter Matilda Rose will get.
Ledger had made the will before Matilda’’s birth, so its executors have now applied for probate in the West Australian Supreme Court in Perth, Daily Telegraph reported.
Even though in his will the late actor had bequeathed his immediate family, they have been advised that under WA law, that the toddler is entitled to receive the major portion of the estate.
But to do so her mother, actress Michelle Williams, will have to officially lodge a claim with the court supported by an affidavit, which according to legal experts could end up in the public domain.
The executors of Ledger’’s estate, businessman Robert Collins and accountant Mark Dyson, late last week advertised in Perth’’s daily newspaper for “creditors and other persons” having claims on the estate to lodge them by August 11.
This is to ensure all debts are paid before the estate is distributed, local lawyer Edwin Abdo revealed.
At the time of his death, the documents filed in a New York court after Ledger died in January, stated that he only had 145,000 dollars worth of assets in the US.
But it has now been revealed that his entire fortune, mostly held in Australian trusts, is likely to be worth up to 20 million dollars.
There were no comments from Mr Dyson on July 14 upon the matter. (ANI)
- Gemma Ward opens up about her relationship with Heath Ledger - Jan 30, 2011
- Heath Ledger''s daughter to get entire estate - Sep 28, 2008
- Ledger's Golden Globe to be given to daughter Matilda - Jan 14, 2009
- Heath Ledgers Oscar buzz created by Warner Brothers, says director - Jul 17, 2008
- Sienna Miller to visit Perth to pay tribute to late pal Heath Ledger - Jan 04, 2011
- Michelle Williams refuses to let daughter star alongside her in movies - Dec 31, 2010
- Michelle Williams wants daughter to see 'Brokeback Mountain' - Dec 31, 2010
- Watching Heath Ledger was dazzling: Oldman - Jul 03, 2012
- Cameron's dad gives him tax free 300 K pounds - Dec 31, 2010
- Dennis Hopper's wife 'refusing to vacate home' - Aug 05, 2010
- Heath Ledgers daughter granted privacy - Feb 25, 2009
- When Joker made Batman cry - Jun 06, 2012
- Heath Ledgers daughter entitled to his entire fortune - May 20, 2008
- Heath Ledger 'hated taking his pills' - Jul 07, 2010
- Court-appointed panel to control Birla estate - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: 20 million dollars, abdo, affidavit, august 11, businessman, creditors, daily telegraph, estate melbourne, executors, immediate family, july 14, ledgers, legal experts, mark dyson, matilda, michelle williams, mr dyson, probate, public domain, three sisters