Oz brides flocking to botox clinics to look perfect on their big daySeptember 10th, 2008 - 4:54 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sept 10 (ANI): Before walking down the aisle, Aussie brides make it a point to walk into a botox clinic, for they want to leave no stone unturned to look perfect on their big day.
According to estimates, the amount of pre-wedding cosmetic surgery is growing by 20 per cent every year.
And the trend is enveloping Sydney so much so, that cosmetic surgeons are seeing at least one bride per week.
And the latest treatment for would-be brides is hyperhidrosis, which involves up to 20 botox injections under the arms to stop them sweating.
Dr Fee Lai, plastic surgeon, from Sydney Breast Enlargement in Parramatta, claimed that the trend is also catching up on western Sydney brides, who were demanding the same treatments as those in the city.
“I see about the same number of women in western Sydney as I do at my city practice. They want to look their best,” the Daily Telegraph quoted Lai, as saying. (ANI)
- Here comes the - botox - bride - Jul 13, 2012
- Lips to nose, cosmetic packages boom for Valentine's Day - Feb 07, 2012
- US teenagers get 12,000 botox jabs in a year - Aug 13, 2010
- Botox brides! To wed, 30 plus women visit cosmetic clinics - Dec 04, 2010
- More men in US undergoing plastic surgery to 'look good' - Mar 21, 2011
- Aniston tried Botox injection - Dec 16, 2011
- 'Image-conscious' Aussies 'addicted' to Botox - Jun 13, 2010
- An 'explosion' in the number of boob jobs in run-up to Christmas - Dec 08, 2010
- How about a dimple on your cheek as V-Day gift! - Feb 11, 2010
- The grooms were drunk, the brides said no - May 01, 2012
- Dracula therapy: Fighting ageing with your own blood - Nov 16, 2011
- Young or old, all fall for anti-ageing packages - Mar 12, 2010
- More men going under the knife to look good - Mar 21, 2011
- Growing number of Malaysian men turning to cosmetic surgery - Aug 22, 2010
- Recession hurts US plastic surgery industry - Apr 28, 2010