Overseas media get closer viewNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:54 am ICT by admin
Overseas media can apply through the official website www.cpcnews.cn for interview requests, said Cong Wu, an official with the media center, which officially opened on Monday morning in the Media Center Hotel in central Beijing.
According to the China Daily, more delegations will also throw their door open this year for media coverage, said Zhu Shoucheng, deputy director of the center.
Fifteen of the 38 delegations were open to interviews during the 16th National Congress of the CPC in 2002.
Overseas photographers who previously had to zoom in from a long distance will be allowed closer contact with Party leaders and delegates - a privilege previously given only to a few Chinese media - an official surnamed Li with the media center told China Daily on Monday.
The center, decorated in auspicious red and with Chinese knots, also offers beverages, Internet access and free photo, radio and TV transmission, said Zhu.
A total of 1,033 overseas reporters from 258 media organizations in 42 countries and regions, including 342 from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, have signed up at the center, Zhu said. The number of overseas reporters registered for the 16th Party congress was 859. (ANI)
- China puts history of communist party online - Jan 02, 2011
- CPC elects younger delegates to national congress - Aug 14, 2012
- Chinese delegation to visit India, Pakistan - Oct 29, 2011
- China slaps new restrictions to regulate "naked officials" - Jul 26, 2010
- 2,270 delegates to attend CPC Congress - Aug 13, 2012
- Chinese unleash BRICS charm offensive - Mar 28, 2012
- Chinese unleash BRICS charm offensive (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- China's military buildup will correspond with its economy: Liang - Dec 29, 2010
- China to formulate five-year anti-corruption plan - Aug 22, 2012
- 'China ready to work with new North Korean leadership to promote bilateral ties' - Oct 02, 2010
- Foreign Minister Krishna says growth of China and India complementary not competitive - Nov 01, 2010
- Communist Party of China's gesture of 'openness' to the media - Jul 01, 2010
- Nepali president meets visiting Chinese leader - Nov 08, 2011
- China to make more non-communists as department heads - Apr 16, 2012
- China marks 65th anniversary of victory against Japanese invasion - Sep 03, 2010
Tags: center hotel, central beijing, china daily, chinese knots, chinese media, closer view, contact, delegations, group interviews, interview requests, media organizations, national congress, overseas media, party congress, party leaders, press conferences, radio and tv, reporters, told china, tv transmission