Over 2486 lakh telephone subscribers in IndiaNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:40 am ICT by admin
The GSM segment has shown an increase of 59.22 lakh during the month of September 2007, the CDMA segment of 18.84 lakh while the fixed segment continued to decline, with a decrease of 1.54 lakh during the month.
The overall teledensity improved further to 21.85% in September 2007 as compared to 15.12% as on September 30, 2006.
In the GSM segment, Tamilnadu and Gujarat telecom circles added more than five lakh subscribers during September 2007.
In the CDMA segment, Maharashtra circle added more than two lakh subscribers during the period. Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamilnadu and Uttar Pradesh(East) telecom circles have added more than five lakh subscribers each.
The growth of broadband connections improved further and at the end of August 2007, about 25.15 lakh broadband connections were provided and coverage of broadband connectivity by public sector service providers has reached 1077 cities. Further, the total number of existing ISP licencees is 372.
Under Bharat Nirman Programme, 686 VPTs were provided in the month of September 2007. Thus, out of the targeted 66,822 villages, a total of 50,520 villages have been provided with VPTs till September 2007. A total of 3551 VPTs have been provided in this financial year. (ANI)
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
- 1.7 mn GSM subscribers in India, Uninor loses 1.1 mn - Aug 16, 2012
- India adds 1.7 mn GSM subscribers, Uninor loses 1.1 mn (Lead, Correcting headline) - Aug 16, 2012
- India has 706 million mobile connections: TRAI - Dec 27, 2010
- Mobile connections touched 687.71 million in September - Dec 02, 2010
- Telecom growth continues with 15.87 mn new connections - Apr 22, 2009
- Samsung bets on CDMA handset business with new models - Dec 29, 2009
- India now has 858.4 million mobile phone subscribers - Sep 09, 2011
- Airtel, Vodafone added 2.45 mn subscribers each in May - Jun 20, 2011
- India adds 11.9 mn subscribers in June - Jul 30, 2009
- Reliance Communications hikes call tariffs by 20 percent - Aug 14, 2011
- Telecom subscriber base growth dips in May - Jun 19, 2009
- India's mobile connections at 687.71 million (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- North-East to have better mobile, broadband, postal connectivity: Sachin Pilot - Jul 22, 2010
- Tata Teleservices applications received late: Mathur - Apr 16, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh, bharat nirman, broadband connections, broadband connectivity, cdma, financial year, gsm, gujarat, karnataka, lakh, maharashtra, public sector, segment, tamilnadu, telecom circles, telephone subscribers, uttar pradesh