Out of rehab, Gazza walks with a bottle of ginMay 15th, 2008 - 8:50 pm ICT by admin
London, May 15 (ANI): Former England soccer star Paul Gazza Gascoigne is just two days out of rehab, looked dazed as he walked along in Gateshead with a towel flung over one shoulder. In one hand he clutched a bag that gaped open to reveal its contents — a childs piggy bank and a bottle of Gordons gin.
Sadly, on Wednesday Gascoigne was barely able to keep his balance as he staggered along the middle of a road at 8 a.m.
Two days after checking out of the Priory clinic, where he had been treated for alcoholism and depression, the former England midfielder seemed dazed and disorientated as he tottered along.
Earlier, Gazza is showering his fellow rehab patients and staff with presents.
Gazza has been buying sweets, cakes and flowers to cheer people up since entering the clinic 10 days ago after an apparent suicide bid.
But doctors at The Priory in South West London want him to concentrate on his own problems.
Hes more worried about the other patients and wants to make them happy. Weve told him he needs to focus on getting himself better, but he seems to be in denial, The Sun quoted an insider, as saying.
The ex-England ace has been battling drink and drugs since being sectioned in February. (ANI)
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza looks like 'Elephant Man' after car smash - Jun 17, 2010
- Gazza's eight-week jail sentence suspended by Newcastle court - Dec 10, 2010
- 'Sick man' Gazza wants 12-week rehab programme to work - Jul 22, 2010
- Drunk Gascoigne taken to hospital after trashing Brit hotel with curry, puke and stubs - Oct 27, 2010
- Gazza gives out rehab presents - May 14, 2008
- Gazza checks himself into rehab clinic again - May 26, 2008
- Gazza accused of 'groping shopgirl' - Jul 20, 2010
- Gazza says he died three times in rehab - Mar 16, 2009
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- HobNob munching Gazza says cheating death in crash beat booze addiction - Aug 21, 2010
- Gazza vows he'll never marry again - May 17, 2009
- Gazza, Greaves, to undertake stage show - Mar 24, 2011
- Gazza faces Christmas behind bars after failing to appear before court - Nov 12, 2010
- Rehab clinic asks media to stop "harassing" Gazza - Nov 21, 2010
Tags: ace, alcoholism, alcoholism and depression, apparent suicide, cakes, denial, doctors, england soccer, gascoigne, gateshead, gazza, gin, insider, midfielder, piggy bank, priory clinic, soccer star, south west london, suicide bid, sweets