Osamas son may be considering a move to New ZealandNovember 10th, 2008 - 5:54 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Nov 10 (ANI): Osama bin Ladens son may be considering a move to New Zealand after being refused entry to Spain and Britain.
New Zealand immigration officials refused to comment on reports that the son of Osama may be considering a move, news.com.au reported.
The Saudi-born 27-year-old is one of the 19 children of the infamous fugitive founder of the al-Qaeda terror group.
His British-born wife, Zaina al Sabah, has been reported as saying the couple wanted to go to New Zealand.
Immigration New Zealand said today it did not comment on individual cases and could not confirm whether Mr bin Laden had applied for a visa, the New Zealand Press Association reports.
Sabah called the Spanish decision political, and said the couple had been trying to raise money to fly to New Zealand. She did not say whether they hoped to stay.
Omar bin Laden is the fourth child from Osama bin Laden’’s first marriage.
Omar says he has not spoken to his father since 2000, when he decided to leave a training camp in Afghanistan with his consent.
He and his wife arrived in Egypt from Madrid on Saturday after Spanish authorities refused his request for asylum last week. The couple, who lived in Egypt for several months in 2007 and 2008, have also been denied entry to Britain.
Airport sources in Egypt said Omar, who says he does not support violence, had asked to go to Qatar, where as a Saudi citizen he would have right of entry.
British authorities have denied him a visa and the Spanish interior ministry rejected his asylum plea on the grounds that it did not consider he was in danger in Egypt. (ANI)
Tags: al qaeda, al sabah, asylum, bin ladens, born wife, british authorities, egypt, immigration new zealand, immigration officials, interior ministry, melbourne, mr bin, new zealand immigration, news com au, osama bin laden, plea, spanish authorities, support violence, terror group, training camp