Orissa CM discusses road projects with BaaluNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:27 am ICT by admin
It may be recalled that this 269 kms stretch of road has been included under the National Highway Development Project Phase III and preparation of the Detailed Project Reports (DPRs) for four-laning upgradation by the National Highway Authority of India is under way.
Meanwhile, in order to improve the deteriorating condition of the National Highways in Orissa, the Ministry has said that it would allocate an additional sum of Rs 45 crore.
Baalu further told Patnaik that the menace of overloaded trucks had taken its toll on NH 215. He urged the State Government to take immediate measures to control the plying of over-loaded vehicles on the highway.
Baalu urged the State Government to organize a meeting with all the stakeholders in which Union Shipping and Road Transport and Highways Secretaries should also participate within a fortnight for finalizing the modalities for the strengthening of National Highway 215.
Regarding the Vijayawada - Ranchi Road, Baalu told Patnaik that the Government of Orissa will have to expedite the finalization of the Detailed Project Reports (DPRs) for remaining 600 km of this route in Orissa.
The Minister said that he required a detailed presentation on this project as it comprises of National Highways, State Highways and village roads.
Regarding road connectivity to the Paradip Port (NH 5A), Baalu told Patnaik that land acquisition for the NHDP in general and Paradip Port in particular is required to be expedited by the State Goverment.
He also emphasized for immediate identification of alternate service roads and parking places for easing the traffic congestion near the Port area. (ANI)
- Ramky Infra bags two road projects worth Rs.2,240.65 crore - Dec 01, 2011
- Government approves 15 highway projects worth Rs.15,680 crore - Nov 16, 2011
- L&T; clinches Rs.2,164-crore road development project - Dec 13, 2011
- Government clears three highway projects - Jan 12, 2012
- Cabinet approves six laning of parts of NH-4, 8A, 8 in NHDP V - Jan 09, 2010
- US' Maryland signs sister state agreement with Andhra Pradesh - Nov 29, 2011
- Port connectivity projects will be completed - Jan 23, 2012
- Cabinet approves upgradation of NH 17 under NHDP III - Jan 09, 2010
- Metro rail for 2 mn-plus cities: Kamal Nath (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- Centre approves Rs 1,479 crore under NHDP in Jharkhand - Aug 20, 2010
- Meghalaya chief minister seeks assistance for road projects - Jul 25, 2012
- 8,800 km of highway targeted in 2012-13 - Mar 16, 2012
- Bhopal, Indore to get Metro - Aug 03, 2011
- Metro rail for 2 mn-plus cities: Kamal Nath - Nov 17, 2011
- Hundreds court arrest in Orissa (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
Tags: alternate service, crore, detailed project, fortnight, highway authority, highway development, national highway, national highways, orissa cm, project phase, ranchi road, road projects, service roads, state goverment, state government, vijayawada, village roads