Ordinance for deploying CISF for security of private sector enterprises passedJanuary 12th, 2009 - 6:22 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 12 (ANI): The Government has promulgated the Central Industrial Security Force (Amendment) Ordinance, 2009 to allow the fore to provicde security to the private sector.
With the growing threat of terrorist outfits, the industries in the private sector and joint venture, which have contributed to the growth of economy, also require assurance of security, a government release said.
Therefore, the relevant sections of the CISF Act, 1968 have been amended to enable the deployment of CISF for security of private sector and joint venture enterprises on cost reimbursement basis.
This will pave the way for deployment of CISF for the security of private and joint sector enterprises depending upon the threat perception.
A provision has also been made to facilitate deputation of CISF personnel on UN Peacekeeping Mission abroad wherever required. (ANI)
- Ordinance issued to provide CISF cover to private industries - Jan 12, 2009
- Protection for Infosys and Electronic City in Bangalore - Nov 25, 2009
- CISF security cover for RIL's Jamnagar refinery - Nov 03, 2010
- Maruti may opt for CISF cover for Manesar plant - Jul 23, 2012
- DPS seeks details of CISF security - Feb 20, 2009
- A clean, clutter-free BSF, courtesy intranet - Jun 19, 2012
- Private firms queue up for paramilitary cover - Dec 15, 2009
- India's atomic plants remain on terror radar: Government - Mar 15, 2011
- Microland to offer cloud solutions with Microsoft - Apr 06, 2012
- Ordinance to provide CISF cover to private industries - Jan 02, 2009
- Government sets up board to boost manufacturing - Jun 03, 2012
- Cabinet approves guidelines for defence hardware JVs - Feb 09, 2012
- BJP to support enemy property bill if it replicates ordinance - Aug 27, 2010
- 107 industries applied for CISF security cover - Mar 08, 2010
- Coast Guard to get more funds for 2012-27 - Dec 09, 2011
Tags: amendment ordinance, central industrial security, cisf, deployment, economy, joint venture, New Delhi, private sector enterprises, provision, reimbursement basis, relevant sections, security force, terrorist outfits, threat perception, un peacekeeping mission, venture enterprises