Opulent Indian styles set the ramp on fire at Wills India Fashion WeekMarch 14th, 2008 - 4:04 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Mar 14 (ANI): Designer Tarun Tahiliani’s show revoked an old world charm, as models walked the ramp demurely to the accompaniment of a popular yesteryear Bollywood number on the Wills India Fashion Week (WIFW).
Glamour, style and opulence, a Tahiliani trademark, worked together perfectly to set the outfits to the best of their advantage.
Jackets and dresses drawn from his western sensibilities fused harmoniously with the Indian elements of the sari and the kurta.
A glorious colour palette in shaded hues of peaches to rose, orange to reds, wines and purples and a sure winner in biscuits and beige added a regal touch to the outfits.
Elegant yet glamorous, Tahiliani’s collection balanced the embellishment and accessorisation of the clothes.
“This was not a couture show. There was no embroidery, it was a ready-to-wear show. I want Indian fashion to not be a set. They have to be separates, everyone, can take and individualise,” said Tarun Tahiliani,
While textured and flowy Indian inspired pret collection, created magic for Tahiliani, it was clean cuts and western outfits by designer Varun Behl, which made the outfits, stand out for their sheer simplicity.
Minimalist yet elegant, Behl’s collection was a compilation of jackets, trousers, fitted tops in solid colours of black, green, red, in woolen fabrics made an ideal autumn-winter collection.
Around 82 designers are showcasing their autumn and winter collections at the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week’ 2008 for more than 150 domestic and international buyers at the Pragati Maidan, a sprawling trade promotion complex in New Delhi.
Estimated to be worth at around six-seven billion rupees, the Indian fashion industry is slated to grow further. (ANI)
- JJ Valaya is WIFW 2012 finale designer - Feb 02, 2012
- Get set for the comeback of satin! - Feb 26, 2012
- Oprah asked for traditional sari: Tarun Tahiliani (With Image) - Jan 19, 2012
- Make your cult in bridal wear: Tarun Tahiliani - Jul 25, 2012
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- Dia, Sameera cheer for Shantanu-Nikhil - Feb 15, 2012
- Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day - May 25, 2012
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Western styles merge with Indian crafts at Wills fashion show (With Images) - Mar 26, 2010
- 138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012 - Jan 27, 2012
- 'Designers compromise on quality to bring prices down' (With images) - Aug 08, 2012
- Tarun Tahiliani launches his watch collection - Dec 06, 2010
- Turn on unisex fashion this winter - Nov 24, 2011
- Jacobs didn't want to be boring - May 11, 2012
- Indian designers: Merry time in global arena (2011 In Retrospect) (With images) - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: autumn and winter, autumn winter, behl, colour palette, fashion industry, glorious colour, india fashion week, indian elements, indian fashion, kurta, pragati maidan, sheer simplicity, varun, western outfits, western sensibilities, wills india fashion week, wills lifestyle india fashion week, winter collection, woolen fabrics, world charm