Ooty’s flower show ‘a hit’ among touristsMay 23rd, 2009 - 8:37 pm ICT by ANI
Ooty (Tamil Nadu), May 23 (ANI): The 113th flower show at the Botanical garden in Tamil Nadu is attracting large number of tourists and flower lovers from all over the country.
An estimated one million flowers including roses, daisies, lilies and orchids are on display in the hill resort of Ooty.
The three-day flower show, which begins on Saturday, is expected to attract over 5, 00,000 tourists.
The major attractions at the show are a 60 feet long aeroplane decorated with 8000 roses, a 50 feet huge car and a model train decorated with flowers.
“Well it is really nice. I like the aeroplane on the other side; they have decorated it really well. There are a lot of rare flowers as well that I’ve seen, like the orchids, the blue orchids, the green lilies. Some of the flowers I did not even know were there. So we are looking around and discovering,” said Anu, a tourist.
The flowers in full bloom coupled with good weather are surely going to become an instant hit with the tourists, who throng the hill station this time to escape summer heat.
The foreign tourists were amazed to see the wide variety of flowers that were on display.
“We really enjoy the pretty flower show here; it is really colorful and nice. Especially the plane, I love to be here,” said Cecilia, a tourist from the Netherlands.
Country’s annual flower production is about 1,000 tonnes.
A large number of flowers meet the huge domestic demand while most of the cut flowers are sent to Amsterdam from where they are distributed to other European countries. (ANI)
- Peace is the message - 400,000 flowers the medium - Jan 19, 2012
- A colourful flower show in Bangalore - Aug 11, 2009
- Flower show in Ooty attracts tourists from across the country and abroad - May 19, 2008
- Floral replicas of Taj, pyramids attracting visitors to Chennai flower show - Dec 28, 2009
- Qutab Minar of 100,000 flowers - at Bangalore (With image) - Jan 19, 2010
- Bangalore hosts traditional groundnut fair 'Kadlekai Parishe' - Nov 30, 2010
- Chandigarh Rose Festival gets underway - Feb 24, 2012
- Flower exhibition in Chennai wows visitors - May 09, 2010
- Colourful flower show draws many to Chennai - May 08, 2009
- Desirable daisies deceive male flies with sex offer - Sep 22, 2010
- Chennai hosts cake exhibition - Dec 31, 2010
- Colourful flowers lure visitors to Bangalore flower show - Aug 08, 2010
- Orchid industry blooms in Sikkim - Feb 24, 2011
- An orchid called Elton John - Nov 20, 2011
- Harvest festival adds to World Cup joy in Maharashtra - Apr 04, 2011
Tags: blue orchids, botanical garden, cecilia, cut flowers, daisies, european countries, flower lovers, flower production, full bloom, good weather, lilies, model train, number of flowers, one million, ooty, pretty flower, rare flowers, summer heat, tamil nadu, tourists