Only Congress can protect secular values, says Sonia GandhiApril 13th, 2009 - 10:00 pm ICT by ANI
Shillong, Apr 13 (ANI): Congress Chairperson Sonia Gandhi on Monday said the country needed a strong and stable government to protect and promote secular values and communal harmony.
“The country needs a government that is strong and stable and will protect and promote secular values and communal harmony. Only Congress can give such a government,” Sonia Gandhi said while addressing an election rally here.
Gandhi reiterated that the Indo-US nuclear deal would reap the benefit in the long run.
“Despite opposition from certain quarters, we went ahead with the civil nuclear deal. The deal is in the interest of the country. It will help meet the power requirement and boost electricity generation,” she added.
Gandhi also criticized those who called her late husband and former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi as a ‘computer boy’, and said: “they had made fun of Rajiv for his IT vision. Today, the country is reaping the benefits of his vision. His vision brought the country into the IT and telecom age.” (ANI)
- Sonia seeks action in Assam violence, northeastern people's mistreatment (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- India raises social media misuse with Pakistan, situation normal in south (Roundup) - Aug 19, 2012
- Nation pays homage to Rajiv Gandhi on his 66th birth anniversary - Aug 20, 2010
- Development answer to left-wing extremism: Sonia Gandhi (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi expresses concern over high school dropout rate among children - Feb 04, 2011
- Sonia inaugurates elite health institute in Shillong - Mar 05, 2010
- Lokayukta appointment to be our first action in Goa: Sonia Gandhi - Feb 26, 2012
- Congress is a national revolution: Sonia Gandhi - Dec 28, 2009
- Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana award for D.R. Mehta - Aug 04, 2012
- Sonia condemns Assam violence, mistreatment of northeast people - Aug 19, 2012
- Tripura government opposes communal violence bill - Sep 10, 2011
- Manmohan Singh emphasises on need to strengthen panchayats - Apr 24, 2011
- Maulana Wahiduddin to get Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavna Award - Aug 09, 2010
- Development is answer to left-wing extremism: Sonia (Second Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi inaugurates super specialty hospital in Shillong (Lead) - Mar 05, 2010
Tags: benefit, communal harmony, computer boy, congress chairperson, election rally, electricity generation, former prime minister, indo, nuclear deal, opposition, quarters, rajiv gandhi, secular values, shillong, sonia gandhi, stable government, telecom