One person arrested for sending threat SMS to TharoorApril 14th, 2010 - 9:09 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 14 (ANI): The Delhi Police on Wednesday arrested one person for allegedly sending death threat through SMS to Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor.
The arrested person was identified as Nirmal Verma.
Police said the message was sent from Verma’s mobile.
The SMS asked Tharoor to apologize to Indian Premier League (IPL) commissioner Lalit Modi over the Kochi IPL team standoff.
The SMS sender claimed himself a member of notorious Chhota Shakeel gang.
In the morning, Tharoor has reportedly written to the Union Home Ministry about the death threat, following which his security has been tightened.
Tharoor is embroiled in a controversy after IPL commissioner Lalit Modi tweeted to reveal that Sunanda Pushkar, a close associate of Tharoor, had been gifted equity worth 70 crore in the new Kochi team which was sold for 1530 crore in March. (ANI)
- Tharoor's security tightened after Mumbai SMS death threat - Apr 14, 2010
- Sunanda's lawyer says she has voluntarily given up stake in IPL Kochi consortium - Apr 18, 2010
- Sunanda Pushkar a last minute inclusion in IPL bidders group - Apr 18, 2010
- No misuse of my official position: Tharoor - Apr 16, 2010
- BJP guns for Tharoor, wants CBI to probe IPL deal (Lead) - Apr 13, 2010
- Tharoor slams Modi's 'unethical efforts' to thwart Kochi IPL - Apr 13, 2010
- Tharoor has an agenda, says Lalit Modi - Apr 16, 2010
- Tharoor to clarify in Parliament today - Apr 20, 2010
- Tharoor meets Pranab, clarifies his position - Apr 15, 2010
- Congress says PM will take call on Tharoor-Modi Kochi IPL standoff - Apr 14, 2010
- Modi tweets details of Kochi's team's stakeholders - Apr 12, 2010
- BJP demands CBI probe into Tharoor's role in IPL auction - Apr 13, 2010
- Tharoor meets PM, reported to have offered to resign - Apr 18, 2010
- Tharoor calls on PM - Apr 18, 2010
- Parliament adjourned till noon over Tharoor- IPL Kochi controversy - Apr 16, 2010