One militant, one soldier killed in Pattan gunbattleNovember 14th, 2007 - 10:16 am ICT by admin
“In the morning one militant, who was running towards the railway line was shot dead. There are unconfirmed reports that two militants might have died. We are waiting for confirmation”, added Muthuna.
The Army continues its siege of Sadpora village, about 27 kilometres from Srinagar, to nab four militants believed to be in hiding in the area.
Separatist violence in Kashmir has declined, but continues despite a slow peace process between India and Pakistan, who have moved forward on confidence building measures since starting a peace process three years ago, but any substantive progress on conflict resolution has not yet taken place.
According to officials, over 45,000 people have died since the Kashmir revolt broke out in 1989. (ANI)
- 5 militants, army officer killed in Kashmir gunfight - Sep 28, 2011
- Four injured as troops open fire on protestors in Shopian - Oct 03, 2010
- Lashker militant killed in Poonch encounter - Sep 05, 2010
- Two top militants killed in Indian-controlled Kashmir - Apr 24, 2011
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar - Aug 06, 2012
- Soldier injured, gun battle rages in Kashmir - Nov 25, 2010
- Army soldier, two terrorists killed in Rajouri gunbattle - Aug 16, 2010
- Kashmir mosque siege on as militant refuses to give up (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Army captain, a militant killed in J-K encounter in Pulwama - Mar 04, 2010
- The harsh realities of counter-insurgency operations - May 28, 2011
- Militants kill two CRPF personnel in Baramulla - Nov 10, 2010
- Officer, soldier killed in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - May 05, 2010
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Kashmir gunfight: Rains hamper army operations - Aug 16, 2010
- Violent clashes in Indian-administered Kashmir after youth dies in custody - Aug 01, 2011
Tags: army personnel, brigadier, confidence building, conflict resolution, india and pakistan, kashmir, kilometres, militants, nab, pattan, peace process, railway line, rashtriya rifles, revolt, separatist violence, slow peace, srinagar, substantive progress