One killed, two wounded in Srinagar blastJune 19th, 2009 - 11:53 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 19 (IANS) A vegetable vendor was killed and two people were wounded in a powerful hand grenade explosion in this Jammu and Kashmir summer capital Friday, police said.
Separatist guerrillas hurled a grenade at a passing tourist bus in Dalgate locality here this evening, police said.
“The grenade missed the target and exploded on the road, killing a a vegetable seller, identified as Abdul Salam Sheikh, on the spot, and wounding two others. The injured were taken to hospital for treatment,” a senior police officer said.
“We have surrounded the area and searches are being carried out,” he said.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the explosion, he added.
- Five civilians injured in Kashmir - Aug 25, 2011
- Grenade explosion in Srinagar - Feb 16, 2012
- Six injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jun 24, 2011
- Two tourists killed in gas cylinder blast, not grenade: Police (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Four injured in Kashmir attack (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Grenade blasts rock Sopore town in Kashmir - Feb 02, 2011
- Three killed in Kashmir gas cylinder explosion (Third Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Injured cop dies in Srinagar hospital - May 15, 2010
- One killed, four injured in Kashmir (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Two tourists killed in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 28, 2012
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Five injured in Kashmir blast (Lead) - Oct 26, 2011
- One civilian injured in grenade attack in Kashmir - Jan 27, 2012
- Four CRPF troppers wounded in Srinagar blast - Jul 25, 2010
- Two tourists killed in Kashmir grenade attack (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012