One killed, six injured in Maoists’ attack on a police outpost near Jharkhand-Orissa borderJanuary 2nd, 2008 - 7:48 pm ICT by admin
Bansjor (Orissa), Jan 2 (ANI): At least one policeman was killed and six others were injured after Maoists attacked a police outpost at Bansjor in the Simdega district of Jharkhand on Wednesday.
A passenger bus plying between Biramitrapur to Ranchi was also attacked by the Maoists at a railway level-crossing near the Bansjor police outpost.
Conditions of two out of the six injured are said to be critical. The injured haven been admitted at the Ispat General Hospital in Rourkela
There are conflicting reports about the number of Maoists who attacked the police outpost that is located on the Orissa-Jharkhand border. While police officials in Orissa claimed that there were around 50 Maoists, Jharkhand police have put the figure at 500. Nearly 20 police personnel were present at the outpost when Maoists attacked it. Amar Nath Paswan, who was in charge of the outpost have also been injured in the gunfight.
Simdega Police Superintendent D B Sharma said that three Maoists would have been killed in the gun battle, but their bodies were taken away by the ultras. (ANI)
- Slain Bihar cop's last rites performed - Sep 04, 2010
- 13 killed as train hits auto-rickshaw in Odisha (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Six killed as train hits auto-rickshaw - Aug 24, 2012
- 12 killed as train hits auto-rickshaw (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Maoist strike evokes little response in Orissa - Jun 30, 2010
- Maoist leader killed in Orissa gunfight - Feb 08, 2011
- Maoist killing of policeman shocks Jharkhand (Lead) - Sep 03, 2010
- 18 Maoists named in Bihar cops' abduction case - Sep 08, 2010
- Senior Maoist killed in Chhattisgarh gun battle - Jan 27, 2012
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Jharkhand - Sep 27, 2011
- Jharkhand police arrest top Maoist leader in Simdega Distrcit - Oct 14, 2010
- Maoists massacre 13 Jharkhand policemen (Second Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Police sub-inspector killed in Jharkhand gunfight - Sep 10, 2010
- Three women among five Maoists killed in Orissa gunfight - Jan 02, 2011
- Suspense over release of abducted Bihar cops (Evening Lead) - Sep 05, 2010
Tags: conflicting reports, general hospital, gun battle, gunfight, jharkhand, maoists, orissa, passenger bus, paswan, police officials, police outpost, police superintendent, policeman, railway, rourkela