One killed in attack on Kashmir legislatorAugust 19th, 2010 - 2:13 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Aug 19 (IANS) A Special Police Officer (SPO) was killed and two police guards were injured when separatist guerrillas attacked a Jammu and Kashmir legislator’s residence in Sopore town.
According to police, the guerrillas attacked the house of Muhammad Ashraf Dar of the ruling National Conference party.
“The guerrillas escaped after the incident,” an officer said. Dar was not at home when the shooting took place.
Sopore is a traditional hotbed of separatist violence. The authorities had upgraded the sub-division to a police district so that more security forces are available to tackle guerrilla threats.
- Militants kill another civilian in Kashmir town - Jul 28, 2011
- SPO shot at in Kashmir's Sopore - Aug 24, 2011
- Militants attack district police chief's convoy in Kashmir - Jan 07, 2012
- Three security men shot dead in Sopore - Aug 11, 2010
- Security personnel killed, another injured in Kashmir attack - Sep 08, 2012
- Kashmir police convoy attacked, five injured (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Kashmir minister escapes bid on life, cop killed - Dec 12, 2011
- Youth killed by militants in Kashmir - May 01, 2011
- Militants kill cop in Kashmir - Jun 08, 2011
- Shabir Shah arrested in Srinagar - Aug 17, 2011
- Guerrillas kill cop in Kashmir - May 17, 2011
- From Hizbul spokesman to Kashmir's anti-drug campaigner - Apr 08, 2012
- Two girls injured in militant attack in Kashmir - Feb 16, 2011
- Guerrilla outfit owns attack on Kashmir minister - Dec 12, 2011
- Guerrillas attack Kashmir police officer's house - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: authorities, guerrilla, hotbed, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, legislator, muhammad ashraf, police district, police guards, security forces, separatist guerrillas, separatist violence, special police officer, spo