One killed, dozen injured during stampede at CISF recruitment campFebruary 11th, 2008 - 8:07 pm ICT by admin
Jaipur, Feb 11 (ANI): A stampede in Jaipur during the recruitment test for Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) today led to the death of an aspirant, leaving dozens of others injured.
The incident took place around 9 a.m. at the CISF ground near Ramgarh Mod on the outskirts of Jaipur due to a heavy rush of candidates.
Nearly 40,000 candidates came for the recruitment test and a stampede broke out at the venue.
Superintendent of Police (north) Anil Paliwal said that an aspirant identified as Ramji Lal was killed in the stampede.
“Today, the recruitment test for CISF was underway. But the district and police administration were not clearly informed about the recruitment here. Due to the presence of a large number of candidates, the crowd went out of control leading to total chaos, but we brought the situation under control as soon as it came to our knowledge,” added Paliwal.
According to the reports, a huge turnout of aspirants from various parts of the state seeking jobs in the CISF and inadequate arrangements made by the recruiters is said to be the reason for the stampede.
Meanwhile, the aspirants blamed the authorities for the chaotic situation.
“There was only one small gate that was opened for exit and students were falling over each other,” said Rajeev, an aspirant.
Two injured persons have been shifted to SMS hospital in Jaipur while rest have been released after primary check ups.
Following the incident, the recruitment test was cancelled. (ANI)
- One killed in police recruitment drive stampede in Mumbai - Mar 08, 2010
- We want enquiry, say survivors of train tragedy - Feb 03, 2011
- One dead, two injured in Agra stampede - Jul 14, 2012
- One killed in firing by CISF - Mar 02, 2012
- Seven ITBP aspirants fall to death from speeding trains in UP - Feb 01, 2011
- Kashmiri youth turn out in record numbers to join army - Mar 16, 2012
- 30 hurt as youth clash with soldiers in Rajouri - Jul 14, 2010
- Aspiring teachers clash with cops outside UP assembly (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- One killed, 11 hurt in Mumbai stampede - Mar 08, 2010
- ITBP aspirants go on rampage, torch buses, damage shops (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Adoring Bollywood fans or security nightmares? - Jun 19, 2010
- Disappointed police job aspirants turn violent - Jul 25, 2011
- Close shave for Jet Airways flight - Jul 21, 2011
- How to stop stampedes: Lessons for India - Nov 23, 2011
- One dead in stampede during 'fish prasadam' distribution (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: anil, aspirant, central industrial security, chaotic situation, check ups, heavy rush, lal, outskirts, paliwal, police administration, ramji, recruiters, recruitment test, security force, seeking jobs, situation under control, stampede, superintendent, total chaos, ups