One-China principle will never change, says HuAugust 11th, 2008 - 4:04 pm ICT by ANI
Beijing, Aug.11 (ANI): Referring to Taiwan, Chinese President Hu Jintao has said that the Chinese government will never change its One China policy, and urged the United States to support the peaceful development of cross-Strait relations.
“No matter what kind of changes take place in the cross-Strait relations, our stance of adhering to the one-China principle and opposing ”Taiwan independence” secessionist activities will never change, and cannot be changed,” Hu told US President George W. Bush in Beijing.
Under new circumstances, the Chinese government will continue to push for the peaceful development of the relations across the Taiwan Straits, said Hu, adding that China hopes to see Washington properly handle the Taiwan issue and support such peaceful development.
According to Xinhua, Bush responded that the United States is glad to see the improvement of cross-Strait relations. (ANI)
- China opposes US-Taiwan relations - Jul 19, 2012
- Obama calls China a strong nation, arrives in Beijing (Second Lead) - Nov 16, 2009
- China ready to deepen ties with US: Hu (Lead) - Aug 10, 2008
- China poses no economic, military threat to US: Hu Jintao - Jan 21, 2011
- Taiwan can join global bodies within one China policy: Hu - Dec 31, 2008
- Chinese culture minister visits Taiwan - Sep 02, 2010
- Hu offers six peace proposals for cross-Strait ties - Dec 31, 2008
- Taiwan protests China's bid to block trade pacts - Jun 02, 2010
- China, Taiwan sign historic economic pact (Lead) - Jun 29, 2010
- Amid Arunachal row, Chinese foreign minister heading to India - Feb 27, 2012
- Hu, Obama discuss China-US ties - Apr 13, 2010
- China urges restraint on Korean Peninsula (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- China, Bhutan ready to forge diplomatic ties - Jun 22, 2012
- China warns US to keep off Tibet and Taiwan - Jan 21, 2011
- Hu wants plantation drives to support scientific development - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: bush in beijing, china policy, china principle, chinese government, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, circumstances, cross strait relations, george w bush, hu jintao, matter what kind, peaceful development, president george w bush, president hu jintao, secessionist, taiwan independence, taiwan issue, taiwan straits, xinhua