Omar’s remarks: Protest sit-in staged outside assemblyOctober 8th, 2010 - 2:03 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Oct 8 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Panthers Party legislators Friday staged a sit-in outside the Jammu and Kashmir assembly to protest the comments by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in the house two days ago.
The chief minister had said that the state of Jammu and Kashmir had acceded to India through an agreement, not merged with it.
BJP and Panthers Party legislators Thursday announced that they would boycott the rest of the ongoing assembly session after they were removed from the house by the marshals on the orders of the speaker.
The BJP leaders said they would end the boycott only after Abdullah’s comments are expunged from the house records.
Panthers Party legislator Harsh Dev Singh entered the assembly and submitted a petition to the speaker, demanding that the chief minister’s remarks be expunged from the proceedings of the house.
Later, he again joined the sit-in outside.
The current session of the 87-member assembly ends Saturday. It has 11 BJP members and three from the Panthers Party.
- Ruckus over Omar speech in assembly, BJP MLA injured - Oct 07, 2010
- Omar's speech triggers ruckus in house, BJP member hurt (Lead) - Oct 07, 2010
- Media continues boycott of Jammu & Kashmir House proceedings - Feb 28, 2012
- BJP MLAs stage protest in Srinagar against Abdullah's speech - Oct 08, 2010
- BJP holds rally against Abdullah's remarks - Oct 07, 2010
- National Conference worker's death rocks Kashmir assembly (Roundup) - Oct 03, 2011
- Chaos in Kashmir assembly over NC worker's death - Oct 03, 2011
- Kashmir to move bill on district jobs for locals (Lead) - Mar 20, 2010
- Kashmir mediapersons call off house boycott - Feb 29, 2012
- Omar Abdullah said nothing objectionable on J-K accession, says Krishna - Oct 15, 2010
- National Conference to decide on future course - Feb 17, 2011
- Chaos in J-K Assembly over Omar Abdullah's speech - Oct 07, 2010
- BJP demands Omar's resignation - Oct 23, 2011
- Omar's remarks shameful, fumes BJP - Oct 07, 2010
- 'Corruption is policy of Omar government' - Feb 24, 2012
Tags: assembly session, bjp leaders, chief minister, dev singh, India, jammu and kashmir, janata party, kashmir, legislator, legislators, marshals, member assembly, panthers party, petition, proceedings, srinagar, state of jammu and kashmir