Omar’s meeting with governor routine: GovernmentOctober 8th, 2011 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Oct 8 (IANS) The Jammu and Kashmir government Saturday sought to dispel speculation that Governor N.N. Vohra had summoned Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, describing the meeting as “routine”.
“Mr. Omar Abdullah, chief minister, met Mr. N.N. Vohra, governor, at Raj Bhavan here this evening. In their half an hour meeting, the chief minister briefed the governor about various important matters,” an official statement said here.
The speculation rose when Abdullah called on the governor at the Raj Bhavan here, skipping an industrial exhibition he was scheduled to inaugurate.
Speaking at the inaugural function, state Industries Minister S.S. Salathia said the chief minister could not come since he had to go and meet the governor.
This was the chief minister’s first meeting with the governor since the mysterious death of National Conference worker, Sayeed Muhammad Yousuf here on Sep 30.
Yousuf had been called by Omar Abdullah to his residence Sep 29 and died the next day while in the custody of police’s crime branch.
The post mortem conducted by a team of doctors has confirmed Yousuf died of a cardiac arrest, but Yousuf’s son Sayeed Talib Friday released a picture of his father’s dead body, claiming it bore torture marks.
The state governor has also sought a report from the government on the death of the NC worker, sources here said.
- Chidambaram arrives in Srinagar on two-day visit - Jun 20, 2011
- National Conference worker died of heart failure: Forensic report (Lead) - Oct 13, 2011
- Bribery case: Youth confesses to mimicking Farooq's voice - Nov 06, 2011
- Kashmir legislature's budget session to begin Feb 28 - Jan 29, 2011
- Don't speculate over Kashmir custodial death: Congress - Oct 06, 2011
- PM in Jammu for daylong visit - Mar 04, 2011
- Justice Mahesh Mittal Kumar sworn-in as J&K; chief justice - Jun 08, 2012
- Please for CBI probe into activist's death rejected - Nov 01, 2011
- I did not pay money to either Abdullah: NC worker - Oct 07, 2011
- Omar briefs governor on Kashmir security situation - Dec 10, 2011
- Soz discusses AFSPA with governor? - Nov 21, 2011
- Army chief visiting Jammu and Kashmir Friday - Jun 14, 2012
- Commission begins probe into NC worker's death - Nov 29, 2011
- Chidambaram chairs security meeting in Srinagar (Second Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- PDP influencing eye-witnesses: Omar - Oct 08, 2011
Tags: cardiac arrest, chief minister, crime branch, doctors, first meeting, half an hour, inaugural function, industrial exhibition, industries minister, jammu and kashmir, jammu and kashmir government, kashmir, muhammad yousuf, mysterious death, post mortem, speculation, state governor, talib, torture, vohra