Omar urges separatists to come for dialogueJanuary 25th, 2011 - 10:29 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Jan 25 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Tuesday urged separatists to sit across the table to resolve contentious issues in order to bring peace and tranquility to the state.”The institution of interlocutors created by the union government to initiate interaction with all shades of opinion should be utilised earnestly to find out a solution to the issues,” the chief minister said in a message on the eve of Republic Day.
He appealed to the separatists “to rise to the occasion and play their role in bringing about peace and tranquility in the state”.
Governor N.N. Vohra in a similar message asked people in all the three regions - Kashmir Valley, Ladakh and Jammu - “to join hands to build a strong, stable and prosperous state”.
The governor observed that the “people of Jammu and Kashmir have suffered the consequences of violence for a long time now,” and added: “We must recognise that issues involving contrary positions cannot be resolved through violent agitations and confrontations.”
“The time has come for us to commit that all contentious issues shall be resolved peacefully through conciliation and meaningful dialogues.”
- Interlocutors begin fifth visit to Kashmir - Feb 21, 2011
- Stone-throwing protests unfortunate: Kashmir governor - Feb 28, 2011
- Kashmir interlocutors have a busy day (Lead) - Oct 24, 2010
- Kashmir interlocutors submit report, focus on 'meaningful autonomy' (Round-up) - Oct 12, 2011
- Chidambaram, Omar agree to push Kashmir peace roadmap - Feb 04, 2011
- Chidambaram to pay obeisance at Vaishno Devi - Apr 06, 2012
- Campaign for Jammu and Kashmir's reorganisation - Dec 28, 2011
- Kashmir governor reviews security situation - Jan 17, 2011
- Chidambaram's visit raises hope of roadmap for Kashmir (Lead) - Feb 04, 2011
- Kashmir had record 12 million tourists - Dec 31, 2011
- Chidambaram in Jammu, visits Vaishno Devi - Apr 10, 2012
- Kashmir Congress chief meets governor - Dec 24, 2011
- Kashmir report: Separatists dismissive, common man cynical - Oct 11, 2011
- Centre finalises interlocutors for J-K dialogue process - Oct 13, 2010
- Army chief visiting Jammu and Kashmir Friday - Jun 14, 2012
Tags: confrontations, consequences, contentious issues, dialogue, dialogues, eve, interaction, interlocutors, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir chief minister, ladakh, peace and tranquility, prosperous state, republic day, shades, state governor, union government, violence, vohra