Omar thirsty for power, says MehboobaMarch 27th, 2012 - 11:46 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, March 27 (IANS) Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti Tuesday launched a spirited attack on Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, calling him a man who has “unquenchable thirst for power”.
Mehbooba and her party - at the receiving end of Omar Abdullah’s speeches inside and outside of the state legislature, hit back in the assembly Tuesday, charging him with failing on all counts, except for “maintaining his position” as head of the government.
Speaking in a debate on the grants of departments held by the chief minister, she was unsparing in her criticism, citing facts and figures of “backdoor” appointments and recruitment of retired officers, while the unemployed youth were getting frustrated and saw nothing bright in their future.
“You (Omar) are running the state as if it was your personal property,” Mehbooba alleged and went on to say that he was treating the chief minister’s chair as “inherited property”.
Omar Abdullah, who was in the house when Mehbooba began her speech, left as the attack grew sharper and sharper.
He will reply on the debate Wednesday.
- Sushma comment sparks slugfest between Mehbooba, Omar - Sep 20, 2011
- I correctly quoted Mehbooba on Modi: Sushma Swaraj - Sep 20, 2011
- Kashmiri youth feel cheated: PDP - Oct 18, 2011
- Mehbooba to chalk out new strategy - Jan 25, 2011
- Mehbooba seeks positive approach on Kashmir problem - Aug 29, 2012
- PDP government delivered better with only 16 legislators: Mehbooba - Dec 13, 2011
- Centre silent on misdeeds of Omar government: PDP - Nov 15, 2011
- Omar spent three years saving chair: Mehbooba - Oct 17, 2011
- Omar loves PDP 'headless chicken' description of him - Jan 12, 2012
- PDP to boycott Kashmir panchayat polls (Lead) - Dec 05, 2010
- 'Corruption is policy of Omar government' - Feb 24, 2012
- Mehbooba Mufti set to be re-elected PDP chief - Oct 25, 2011
- PDP stages protest march in Srinagar, demands Omar quit - Oct 05, 2011
- Omar Abdullah pulls up PDP for controversial J-K map - Feb 13, 2011
- Omar to PDP: You move one sincere step, I'll walk 10 - Feb 29, 2012