Omar believes IPL5 inaugural was ‘tacky’April 4th, 2012 - 2:42 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, April 4 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah seems to be unhappy with the opening ceremony of IPL5 saying the inaugural couldn’t have been more “tacky”.
Omar posted on twitter: “Could the IPL opening be any more tacky?”
When Indian cricket board official and Congress politician Rajeev Shukla praised the inaugural, Omar countered him.
“Can’t believe Rajeev Shukla said ‘If the beginning is like this’ you can understand how the tournament will go’. God, I hope he’s wrong”, Omar said in another tweet.
Despite his busy schedule, the Jammu and Kashmir chief minister finds time to post comments on his twitter site where he is now followed by more than one hundred thousand people.
This is regarded as a huge following for anybody using the twitter site for expressing views. The official site of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has just 79,000 followers.
Following Omar on the micro blog often comes handy for journalists as at times the chief minister gives first hand account of major developments or decisions taken by him.
Omar last year landed himself in a controversy of sorts when he said on twitter that a resolution like the one passed by the Tamil Naidu assembly seeking clemency for Rajiv Gandhi’s killers would have brought down the skies had a similar resolution been passed by the Jammu and Kashmir assembly seeking clemency for the parliament attack convict, Afzal Guru.
- Omar mocks at BJP for clemency for Bhullar - Sep 01, 2011
- Kashmir legislator seeks clemency for Afzal Guru - Sep 01, 2011
- NC in dilemma over Afzal Guru clemency resolution - Sep 19, 2011
- Omar fears rise in militancy if Afzal is hanged - Sep 28, 2011
- Legislators to decide party stand on Guru: Omar - Sep 04, 2011
- Kashmir assembly to take up Afzal mercy plea Sep 28 - Sep 17, 2011
- Probe Sushma's links to Reddy brothers: Digvijay - Sep 05, 2011
- Farooq supports Omar's remark on Afzal Guru - Sep 02, 2011
- BJP slams Omar for Afzal tweet, Congress silent - Aug 31, 2011
- 'Resolution on Afzal clemency only sensational' - Sep 07, 2011
- Afzal Guru's hanging will re-kindle militancy: Yasin Malik - Sep 29, 2011
- Tweets that made headlines (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2011
- Guru clemency resolution has lapsed, says speaker - Sep 28, 2011
- Condemn civilian killing by guerrillas, Omar dares separatists - Jul 25, 2011
- Afzal Guru should 'pay price', says Farooq - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,