Omar Abdullah pulls up PDP for controversial J-K mapFebruary 13th, 2011 - 6:51 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Feb 13 (ANI): Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah criticizing the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for its controversial map of the state, on Sunday said ‘gifting away’ of state’s territory will be not be acceptable.
According to reports, the map put on display by the PDP during a power point presentation on Saturday showed Aksai Chin painted in red as part of China and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) in green as part of Pakistan.
“It is up to the PDP how they would want to clear this (map). I do not think it is acceptable to anyone that part of state’s territory is gifted away like this,” said Abdullah.
He, however, said that he was in favour of making the borders irrelevant that would ensure free trade and travel between the sides of divided state.
Meanwhile, PDP President Mehbooba Mufti asserting that the power-point presentation only highlighted the distance between Srinagar and other major trade centres in Central Asia and China before 1947 said her party has not done anything to challenge the sovereignty of the country over the territory of Jammu and Kashmir. (ANI)
- Congress pulls up PDP for controversial J-K map - Feb 14, 2011
- Congress asks PDP to withdraw controversial map (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Congress raps PDP for controversial Kashmir map - Feb 14, 2011
- Clarify stand on Kashmir's territory: Omar to PDP - Feb 13, 2011
- Mehbooba seeks positive approach on Kashmir problem - Aug 29, 2012
- PDP takes out 'resolution' rally - Feb 14, 2011
- Egypt developments could impact Kashmir: Mehbooba - Feb 12, 2011
- Government site has distorted map of India (Lead) (With Images) - Apr 20, 2011
- Army chief witnesses exercise in Ladakh - Apr 20, 2011
- Claim Pakistani Kashmir before China takes over, India urged - May 10, 2011
- Government downplays report on Chinese construction in disputed area - Apr 17, 2012
- India offers amnesty to Kashmiri militants in Pakistan (Roundup) - Feb 11, 2010
- Government website has incomplete map of India (With Image) - Apr 20, 2011
- Hazare turning blind eye to corruption in Kashmir: Mehbooba - Oct 07, 2011
- India protests US depiction of Kashmir as Pakistani territory - Nov 21, 2011