Olympic Committee chief in New Delhi for CWGOctober 2nd, 2010 - 3:59 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct. 2 (ANI): The President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Jacques Rogge and wife Anne arrived here on Saturday as a special invitee for the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games 2010.
Chief of staff Christophe de Kepper and around 20 other leading IOC officials, are accompanying Rogge.
The IOC chief is scheduled to leave on Monday after attending the opening ceremony of Commonwealth Games.
During his stay, Rogge will meet the delegates of some of the Commonwealth Games countries. He is also expected to visit the Games venues and village.
Rogge remains hopeful that the Games will be a success. (ANI)
- IOC chief Rogge to attend Commonwealth Games opening ceremony - Sep 30, 2010
- Horses, vintage cars lead CWG baton relay (Afternoon Lead Games) - Oct 02, 2010
- Asian Games opening ceremony 'absolutely fantastic', says Rogge - Nov 13, 2010
- Rogge terms London Olympics 'happy & glorious' - Aug 13, 2012
- IOC Chairman upbeat about Olympics - Jul 22, 2012
- 2012 Olympic torch lit in Ancient Olympia - May 10, 2012
- IOC respects Lukashenko ban: Rogge - Jul 27, 2012
- Olympics: Queen 'Bonds' with Craig at opening ceremony - Jul 28, 2012
- Never had plans to attend opening ceremony: Kalmadi - Jul 25, 2012
- IOC chief calls for fair Games, praises Vancouver - Feb 10, 2010
- Olympic flame lit in Greece (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Medals for London Olympics unveiled - Jul 28, 2011
- Icons Gandhi, Buddha, and yoga, Taj Mahal dominate DElhi CWG opening ceremony - Oct 04, 2010
- Court allows Kalmadi's London visit (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Olympics closing ceremony, a crazy mix of spicy music (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: chief of staff, committee chief, commonwealth games 2010, cwg, delegates, international olympic committee, invitee, ioc officials, jacques rogge, kepper, New Delhi, opening ceremony, president of the international olympic committee, wife anne