OIC Secy-Gen urges India to release Kashmiri leadersNovember 7th, 2008 - 2:21 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad , Nov 7 (ANI): Secretary General of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC), Professor Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu has reportedly expressed concern over the detention of Kashmiri leaders by Indian authorities, and called for their release.
Talking to reporters in Istanbul , Professor Ihsanoglu condemned the continued use of force against Kashmiri people in Kashmir , the Daily Times reported.
Urging the Indian authorities to refrain from such activities, he called for an immediat release of the Kashmiri leaders in order to prevent the security situation in the area from deteriorating.
Professor Ihsanoglu said that the OIC supported the Kashmiris right to self-determination in accordance with the UN resolution to resolve the 60-year-old dispute between India and Pakistan .
OIC endorses a 1948 UN resolution mandating a plebiscite in Kashmir , Ihsanoglu added. (ANI)
- Gilani seeks constant OIC support on Kashmir issue - Jan 12, 2011
- OIC condemns Delhi blast - Sep 08, 2011
- OIC supports Kashmir's right to self determination - Oct 17, 2008
- UAE reiterates support to Myanmar Muslims - Jul 14, 2012
- 'Islamophobia' a threat to global peace: OIC chief (Lead) - Oct 17, 2008
- Saudi Islamic summit to discuss Myanmar violence - Aug 12, 2012
- Pakistan seeks UN intervention to resolve Kashmir issue - Sep 29, 2010
- Avoid civilian casualties in Libya: OIC - Mar 24, 2011
- India terms OIC's Kashmir description 'most regrettable' - Jun 22, 2011
- Pakistan raising Kashmir as a diversionary ploy: Krishna - Sep 29, 2010
- India rebuffs Pakistan's "unwarranted" attempt to raise Kashmir at UN - Oct 11, 2011
- The Jammu and Kashmir situation: The Azadi Debate (Part I) - Sep 17, 2010
- Khar wants result oriented dialogue on Kashmir - Jul 26, 2011
- International meet in Cairo to discuss Libya crisis - Apr 14, 2011
- Pakistan observes Kashmir Solidarity Day today - Feb 05, 2011
Tags: ekmeleddin ihsanoglu, india and pakistan, indian authorities, istanbul, kashmir, kashmiri leaders, kashmiri people, oic, organisation of the islamic conference, plebiscite, secretary general, security situation, secy, self determination, use of force