Oberoi-Trident seige over, says NSGNovember 28th, 2008 - 4:37 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Nov.28 (ANI): The Oberoi-Trident hotel building has been completely taken over by the security forces after a prolonged battle with terrorists.
“The Oberoi-Trident hotels are totally in our control. We are still ensuring that no undesirable element be remaining inside and the guest be brought out safely,” declared NSG Director General J.K.Dutta at 2.40 this afternoon.
The security personnel are now moving ahead with the room-to-room checking. We will give a warning before opening up any locked room with the help of small explosions and the guests will be brought out,” Dutta informed.
“There were two terrorists in the hotel. We wanted to take them alive, but following a battle, they lost their lives,” he informed.
“Two A.K.47 rifles and one pistol have been recovered along with hand grenades that are yet to be defused,” Dutta added.
Dutta said it was a good cordon provided by the Indian Army and the Police that helped in the success of the operation.(ANI)
- Commandos in control of Oberoi Trident hotel - Nov 28, 2008
- 26/11 hero glad his ayurveda treatment approved - Jul 22, 2011
- Sarkozy salutes 26/11 victims, hits out at Pakistan (Evening Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Terrorists can't be allowed to threaten India: Sarkozy - Dec 07, 2010
- Terrorists knew Taj hotel layout too well: NSG chief (Second Lead) - Nov 30, 2008
- Terror originating from Pakistan unacceptable to world: Sarkozy (Second Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Mumbai Trident-Oberoi Hotel to reopen on April 24 - Apr 22, 2010
- Calm returns to Mumbais Hotel Oberoi - Dec 01, 2008
- 26/11, a grim reminder of our perilous neighbourhood: Antony - Nov 26, 2010
- 2,200 police officers deployed for India-Pakistan cricket World Cup semifinal - Mar 28, 2011
- Terror from Pakistan not acceptable: Sarkozy (Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Oberoi Group opens hotel in Gurgaon - Apr 12, 2011
- Wrap up operations in matter of hours: Indian Army - Nov 28, 2008
- 26/11 victims' families go to apex court over hotel security - Jan 08, 2010
- Oberoi group to open another Trident hotel in Mumbai - Nov 10, 2009
Tags: director general, explosions, hand grenades, hotel building, hotels, indian army, locked room, mumbai, mumbai terror attack, nsg, oberoi, pistol, prolonged battle, rifles, security forces, security personnel, seige, terrorists, trident hotel, undesirable element