Obamas dine at favourite Italian restaurant after prez poll victoryNovember 10th, 2008 - 7:00 pm ICT by ANI
Chicago, Nov.10 (ANI): US President elect Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle had their first “date” since his victory on Saturday at their favorite eatery, Spiaggia located on Chicago’’s Magnificent Mile.
The beaming Obamas enjoyed dinner in the pricey, four-star restaurant’’s main room, surrounded by gaping customers - and a large Secret Service contingent.
The New York Post quoted Spiaggia dining-room manager Ian Louisignau, as saying “We don”t give out that information”, when asked what the future First Couple ate.
But he did say the Obamas, who opted not to be seated in one of the restaurant’’s private dining rooms, had “a good time” celebrating the Illinois senator’’s victory.
“They always have a good time, and they keep coming back,” Louisignau said.
In fact, the next president and Michelle like Spiaggia - whose name means “beach” in Italian - and its striking view of Lake Michigan so much, they dine there every Valentine’’s Day.
Last Valentine’’s, they ordered the eight-course tasting menu, which set a couple back as much as 700 dollars when it includes wine pairings.
Spiaggia, ranked among the nation’’s best Italian restaurants, is known for dishes such as seared scallops and wood-roasted guinea hen. Its celebrity clientele has included Princess Diana, Bill Clinton, Mick Jagger, Paul Newman, Paul McCartney and Billy Joel, who wrote and sang “Scenes from an Italian Restaurant.”
The Levy Organization, whose president, Lawrence Levy, donated 2,300 dollars last year to Obamas presidential campaign, owns the restaurant.
Today, Obama will visit President Bush to discuss the transition of power. Michelle will get a grand tour of the White House from First Lady Laura Bush. (ANI)
- How laughter keeps Michelle Obama's love life alive - Feb 14, 2011
- Obama favorite Spiaggia nominated for Chicagos top restaurant award - Mar 24, 2009
- Gaga celebrates first 'anniversary' with beau - Aug 08, 2012
- Barack Obama, Michelle to spend V-Day at Camp David - Feb 13, 2010
- A hat-trick of presidential honour for ITC Maurya - Oct 25, 2010
- Milestones in the life and presidency of Obama - Nov 04, 2010
- Obama's 49th b'day: home alone with grey hair and Winfrey, but no cake - Aug 05, 2010
- Tickets to mingle with Michelle Obama outprice President Obama - Oct 11, 2010
- Michelle & Barack Obama grace Oprah Winfrey's show - May 03, 2011
- Romney scores decisive win in Illinois primary - Mar 21, 2012
- Hollywood stars feature on the guest list of the Chinese state dinner - Jan 20, 2011
- Obamas host their first formal White House dinner - Feb 24, 2009
- Rush Limbaugh targets Michelle Obama's diet - Feb 22, 2011
- Unlike Clinton, BUsh, Obama has no personal ties with any world leader - Mar 29, 2010
- Obamas have quiet Valentine's Day dinner in Chicago - Feb 15, 2009
Tags: barack obama, celebrity clientele, dining room manager, first lady laura bush, guinea hen, illinois senator, magnificent mile, mick jagger, new york post, newman paul, president elect, president lawrence, princess diana, scenes from an italian restaurant, seared scallops, star restaurant, striking view, tasting menu, valentine s day, wife michelle