Obama connects with Rajasthan villagers to know about India’s IT revolutionNovember 7th, 2010 - 1:30 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Nov 7 (ANI): US President Barack Obama interacted with the villagers of Kanpura, around 25 kilometers from Ajmer via video-conferencing from here to have a glimpse of the IT revolution in India.
President Obama was briefed by the villagers on how e-governance is changing their lives in the village.
Minister of State for Communication and Information Technology (IT) Sachin Pilot briefed President Obama about the IT revolution in India and how it has transformed the lives of the villagers.
Shiv Shankar, Gram Secretary of Kanpura, told President Obama about the steps that are being taken by the Government to facilitate e-governance at the lowest level.
“E-governance has made our lives easier. Any Complaint that is lodged is addressed very soon,” he said.
Another student of the village told President Obama about the benefits that are available to him through the Internet facilities, and how he is using it to educate himself.
“I study for MBA examinations through the Internet. I even appear for online examinations. Earlier, I used to got to Ajmer to avail the facilities,” he said.
Special screens were put up for video-conferencing in the village.
Kanpura village’s dream of change is just two months old and 10 villages are already connected through optical fibers as part of a pilot project. (ANI)
- Festive mood in Rajasthan village that spoke to Obama - Nov 07, 2010
- Obama interacts with Ajmer farmers through video conferencing - Nov 07, 2010
- US team visits Ajmer village to see e-governance in rural India - Sep 15, 2010
- India's tech-driven citizen engagement left Obama impressed (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2010
- C-DOT to transfer optical fiber technology to firms Monday - Dec 04, 2011
- Raja to take part in court proceedings through video conferencing from Tihar - Mar 01, 2011
- Obama asks India's youth to join public service, pitches for growth (Lead) - Nov 07, 2010
- Benefit from Indian IT expertise, Sachin Pilot tells Africa - Mar 28, 2011
- Shah's court appearance deferred due to hospitalisation - Sep 03, 2010
- Shah to appear before court through video-conferencing - Aug 20, 2010
- India to discuss outsourcing curbs with Obama (Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- C-DOT transfers optical fibre technology to firms - Dec 05, 2011
- Obama interacts with Kanpura villagers of Rajasthan via video conferencing - Nov 07, 2010
- Raja to depose from jail via video-conferencing (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Google unveils new ultra-high speed internet - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: ajmer, barack obama, e governance, glimpse, India, information technology, internet facilities, kilometers, mba, minister of state, mumbai, optical fibers, pilot project, screens, video conferencing