Nuke scientist is Kashmir varsity chancellorAugust 13th, 2012 - 9:38 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 13 (IANS) Eminent nuclear scientist Srikumar Banerjee has been named the first chancellor of the Central University of Kashmir, it was announced Monday.
Banerjee was among the scientists who worked on the 1974 as well as the 1998 Indian nuclear tests. He is widely recognised as an expert on material science and technology.
A Padmashri awardee, Banerjee retired in April as chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission and as Secretary, Department of Atomic Enegy.
- Kakodkar chosen for Maharashtra Bhushan Award - Apr 26, 2012
- R.K. Sinha takes over as BARC director - May 19, 2010
- New AEC chairman Sinha expert on n-reactor technology (Profile) - Apr 30, 2012
- R.K. Sinha takes over as new AEC chairman, DAE secretary - Apr 30, 2012
- Nuclear scientist P.K. Iyengar dead (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Atomic Energy Commission chief Kakodkar to retire Nov 30 - Oct 30, 2009
- Experts to discuss Jaitapur nuclear project - Nov 28, 2011
- President, PM condole Homi Sethna's death (Second Lead) - Sep 07, 2010
- Srikumar Banerjee takes over as AEC chief - Nov 30, 2009
- Banerjee, Hariprasad Chaurasia honoured by IIT-Kharagpur - Jul 17, 2010
- Atomic energy officials hold talks on Kudankulam n-plant - Nov 04, 2011
- Nuclear power seminar to start in Chennai Monday - Jan 03, 2010
- Atomic agency to approach Mamata over project site - Jun 30, 2011
- Sethna a pillar of India's nuclear programme: PM (Lead) - Sep 07, 2010
- Montek, Iyengar among Padma awardees for public service - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,