Nuclear capable Prithvi-II test fired successfullyOctober 12th, 2009 - 12:26 pm ICT by ANI
Chandipur (Orissa), Oct 12 (ANI): Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) scientists on Monday successfully test fired the surface-to-surface short range ballistic missile ‘Prithvi-II’ from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) here.
Prithvi-II, a highly sophisticated single stage liquid propelled missile, is equipped with inertial navigation system.
The missile, which is about nine metres in length and one metre in width can carry conventional as well as nuclear warheads and has a range of 350 kilometres.
It is a longer ranged, lower payload version of the Prithvi-I.
Prithvi is India’s first indigenously built ballistic missile. It is one of five missiles being developed under the Integrated Missile Development Programme (IMDP).
Prithvi-II is capable of carrying a payload of between 500 kg and one ton, including nuclear weapons. Two versions of the missile have been inducted into the Army and Air Force. (ANI)
- Prithvi-II, Dhanush missiles test fired successfully - Mar 11, 2011
- DRDO likely to test Prithvi-II on Monday - Oct 11, 2009
- India test fires n-capable Prithvi-II missile - Sep 26, 2011
- India successfully test fires two nuclear capable Prithvi-II missiles - Oct 12, 2009
- India, Pakistan test nuke-tipped missiles on same day (Third Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Prithvi-II missile fails to take off - Sep 24, 2010
- India test-fires Prithvi-II missile - Aug 25, 2012
- India successfully test-fires n-capable Prithvi II, Dhanush missiles (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Prithvi-II ballistic missile successfully test-fired - Dec 22, 2010
- N-capable missiles in India's arsenal [To go with India test-fires 5,000 km Agni-V missile, China cautious (Roundup) - Apr 19, 2012
- India, Pakistan successfully test-fire n-capable missiles (Fourth Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India successfully tests Prithvi-II missile (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- India tests nuke capable Prithvi-II missile (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- India twice successfully tests n-capable Prithvi-II (Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- India successfully test fires nuclear-capable Prithvi-II (Lead) - Jun 18, 2010
Tags: air force, army, defence research, development organisation, drdo, imdp, inertial navigation system, kg, kilometres, missile development, missiles, nuclear warheads, nuclear weapons, orissa, prithvi, range ballistic missile, research and development, scientists, test range, two versions