NSA to review North East security scenarioFebruary 16th, 2008 - 7:23 pm ICT by admin
Kohima (Nagaland), Feb.16 (ANI): National Security Adviser M.K. Narayanan arrived here today from Dimapur to review the security scenario in the north east region.
Narayanan is scheduled to meet Nagaland Governor K.Sankaranarayan, his two advisers, senior civil and police officials, and 3 Corps army commanders during his two-day visit to the state.
This afternoon, he presided over a meeting of senior officials at the police headquarters.
With Nagaland going to the polls on March 5, Narayanans visit to the state assumes significance, given that rebel militant outfits still continue to hold sway over the most remote parts. (ANI)
- Army stages flag march in Nagaland - Sep 02, 2012
- Army chief reviews security preparedness in Assam, Nagaland - Jun 24, 2009
- Kishenji's killing a setback for Maoists: Narayanan - Dec 05, 2011
- Britain's Prince Andrew to visit Kohima May 1 - Apr 25, 2012
- Nagaland government appeals for calling off blockade - Aug 21, 2012
- GNLA chief arms procurer arrested in Meghalaya - Jun 20, 2012
- Army chief visits Srinagar - Mar 28, 2012
- Rebel Naga group ousts its chief - Jun 08, 2011
- Be vigilant on Sino-Indian border, Antony tells troops - Feb 18, 2011
- 14 killed in two Nagaland accidents - Jan 06, 2012
- Peace vital for development of Nagaland: Rahul - Nov 09, 2011
- Govt. wont tolerate ceasefire violation by Naga groups: Chidambaram - Feb 03, 2009
- Nagaland Chief Minister's aide escapes attack - Jul 06, 2012
- West Bengal governor to visit slain troopers' families - Feb 25, 2010
- US Defence Secretary Panetta arrives in New Delhi - Jun 05, 2012