NPCC opposes closure of colleges in Tamil NaduFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 7:07 pm ICT by ANI
Kohima, Feb 3 (ANI): Nagaland Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) has condemned the plight of Naga students, after colleges and hostels were closed in Tamil Nadu over in protest against the ongoing conflict in Northern Sri Lanka.
The sudden closure of hostels has caused hardship to the students, the NPCC said in a statement issued in Kohima.
It urged the Nagaland Government to discuss the matter with its Tamil Nadu counterpart.
Earlier in the day, the ruling Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) said it would support a general strike called by the Sri Lankan Tamils Protection Movement on Wednesday. (ANI)
- Vaiko slams Congress for links with DMK despite corruption charges. - Feb 24, 2011
- Sri Lankan Tamils protest Sonia Gandhi's London visit - Mar 18, 2011
- 24 more Indian fishermen arrested in Sri Lanka - Feb 17, 2011
- MDMK leader goes on hunger strike protesting against fishermen killings - Feb 06, 2011
- Karunanidhi pledges to resolve fishermen killing issue with Sri Lanka - Mar 20, 2011
- MDMK activists protest Centre's invitation to Sri Lankan president Rajapaksa - Oct 14, 2010
- Karunanidhi warns Centre over UN resolution - Mar 15, 2012
- DMK to protest against petrol price hike - May 25, 2012
- Fishermen killings: Rao to convey India's concerns to Sri Lanka - Jan 28, 2011
- Presidential poll voting ends in Puducherry, still on in Tamil Nadu - Jul 19, 2012
- India wishes for settlement of issues between displaced Tamils and Sri Lankan Govt.: Krishna - Aug 25, 2010
- Fisherman killing: Jayalalithaa takes on Centre, demands PM's resignation - Jan 26, 2011
- BJP slams 'casual attitude' of Central Government towards fishermen deaths - Jan 30, 2011
- Election Commission acting against DMK, alleges Alagiri - Apr 18, 2011
- Final tally for Tamil Nadu elections - May 14, 2011