Now, Yeddyurappa takes Karnataka battle to DelhiJanuary 23rd, 2011 - 3:11 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, Jan 23 (ANI): Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa who has been warring over the grant of sanction for his prosecution by State Governor HR Bhardwaj is heading New Delhi to meet with the party’s top leadership and also President Pratibha Devisingh Patil.
Yeddyurappa has accused Governor Bhardwaj of acting like a Central Government agent.
“I have already decided to go around the state to explain why all these things happened. The Governor has behaved like a UPA agent. That is why people supported (me) wholeheartedly and reactions such as successful bandh (shutdown), and for that, I congratulate the people of Karnataka. In future, I will work hard for the development of the state,” he said at a press conference on Saturday.
Yeddyurappa further said that he was aware of Governor Bhardwaj’s next step, which was to pass an order for his prosecution.
He said: “In the high court, the cases are going on and we have ordered for the judicial enquiry. Even the governor could have referred this (matter of land denotification) to the judicial enquiry. Why he has taken so much of personal interest?”
Earlier on Friday, Bhardwaj had sanctioned the prosecution of Yeddyurappa for his role in a land scam case that was filed by two lawyers.
Yeddyurappa has been accused of misusing his post and involved corruption for allotting state-owned land plots to his kith and kin.
Yeddyurappa has clearly stated that there is no need for him to resign, as the people of the state were happy with his hard work.
The controversy related to the allotment of 2.5 acres of prime de-notified land in the state capital to Yeddyurappa’s two sons. (ANI)
- Karnataka Governor behaving like a federal government agent: Yeddyurappa - Jan 23, 2011
- Karnataka crisis: BJP leaders meet President Patil - Jan 24, 2011
- Bhardwaj allows Yeddyurappa's prosecution, BJP calls for Karnataka bandh (Roundup) - Jan 22, 2011
- Karnataka crisis: BJP leaders to meet President Patil - Jan 24, 2011
- Kumaraswamy accuses top BJP leadership of backing Yeddyurappa - Jan 27, 2011
- BJP moves to pre-empt Bhardwaj on Yeddyurappa's prosecution (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Still seeking governor's recall, Yeddyurappa quotes him to pat self - Jan 31, 2011
- It's season of petitions in Karnataka (Letter from Karnataka) - Jan 26, 2011
- Yeddyurappa offer: Spot lands in fake names, get reward - Jan 25, 2011
- 3 more cases against Yeddyurappa, BJP firm on Bhardwaj's ouster (Roundup) - Jan 24, 2011
- Bhardwaj sanctions Yeddyurappa's prosecution - Jan 21, 2011
- Yeddyurappa will resign if case is made out, says Rajnath - Feb 03, 2011
- Karnataka has the most transparent corrupt government, alleges Moily - Jan 29, 2011
- Congress vows to 'save Karnataka from corrupt BJP' - Jan 30, 2011
- Yeddyurappa faces police probe in one more case - Nov 27, 2011
Tags: allotment, bangalore, bhardwaj, bs, central government, controversy, corruption, government agent, judicial enquiry, karnataka chief minister, kith, land plots, land scam, New Delhi, personal interest, pratibha devisingh patil, prosecution, sanction, scam case, state governor