Now, Shakira roots for Barack ObamaOctober 7th, 2008 - 2:44 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 7 (ANI): Pop superstar Shakira has become the latest celebrity to support the Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.
The Colombian singer is urging fellow Latinos to vote for Obama in next month’’s U.S. presidential elections because the Senator can “restore peace and confidence” in America.
“I support Barack Obama because I think he’’s the person who can truly represent what the U.S. is to other countries. I feel in my heart that he can restore peace and confidence in the U.S, Contactmusic quoted her, as saying.
“I”d like to invite the Latino community to go out and vote, because they can make a huge difference. This country is incredibly important to me, as it is for the rest of the world, because the U.S. economy is crucial to other world economies. And world peace depends largely on the who is driving the politics of this country,” she added.
Obama has responded to Shakira’’s remarks, stating, “I feel honoured to receive such support from a talented and generous artist.” (ANI)
- Latinos still back Obama over Republicans - Dec 29, 2011
- Latino voters sticking with Obama, Democrats: Poll - Dec 29, 2011
- Obama congratulates former E. Timor military chief Ruak on election victory - Apr 24, 2012
- Bobby Jindal endorses Rick Perry for president - Sep 13, 2011
- 12 million Latinos to vote in US polls - Sep 13, 2012
- Shakira wants to use her voice to help others - May 01, 2011
- Obama congratulates Thailand's first female prime minister - Aug 14, 2011
- World Bank chief should be selected on merit: BRICS - Mar 29, 2012
- Bob Dylan receives US presidential honour - May 31, 2012
- World Bank chooses U.S. candidate Jim Yong Kim as new president - Apr 18, 2012
- Donald Trump decides against running for president in 2012 - May 17, 2011
- Shakira joins Obama's education advisory board - Oct 07, 2011
- Shakira launches second fragrance - Jun 14, 2011
- Front-runner Romney wins Republican primary in Illinois - Mar 21, 2012
- Doubts about Obama's US citizenship ludicrous: Bill Clinton - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: barack obama, celebrity, colombian singer, confidence, democratic presidential candidate, economy, fellow latinos, heart, latino community, oct 7, pop superstar, presidential elections, rest of the world, roots, shakira, world economies, world peace