Now, self-destructing Gazza tries to enter a pub in the morningSeptember 18th, 2008 - 1:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept.18 (ANI): Former England football star Paul Gascoigne tried to enter a local pub at 9.45 in the morning, a day after he came home from a three-week bender in Portugal. According to The Sun, Gazza, 41, was seen hammering on the door of the pub for 20 minutes and even appeared to try to use his own keys to open the front door.
He held a fag in one hand as he peered through a window to attract someones attention and tested a high double gate. When no one appeared he wandered to a local off-licence where he bought a bottle of Famous Grouse whisky. He then phoned for a taxi which took him to his sisters house.
Gazza later went back to the pub, the Metz, in Dunston, Gateshead, where he spent the afternoon playing pool with pals. One onlooker said: It was a terrible thing to see. It wasnt even 10 a.m. and Gazza was trying to go in the pub. He looked desperate to get in but didnt seem to understand it was closed. It was as if he didnt know what time of day it was. It was embarrassing when he tried his own keys in the door. It is such a shame to see him self-destruct like this. He needs to get help and fast. He only returned to England on Tuesday after his trip to Portugal where he was rushed into hospital following a drugs overdose.
At one stage his ex-wife Sheryl, 42, and daughter Bianca, 21, flew out to beg him to quit his binge but were told: F*** off and leave me to die.
He was rushed to casualty one night after a suspected drugs overdose and had his stomach pumped.
He later tried to play down the drama by saying he was getting his hip assessed after breaking it. (ANI)
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Pal''s blonde wife saves semi-conscious Gazza - Sep 15, 2008
- Gazza is not dead, say cops - Sep 25, 2008
- Gazza tells his family that he is determined to drink himself to death - Sep 13, 2008
- Brit Sikh says he is not sorry about selling Gazza whisky - Sep 19, 2008
- Charlie Sheen 'nearly died 4 times from drug overdoses' - Mar 10, 2011
- Gascoigne back in rehab following cocaine arrest - Oct 25, 2010
- Facing jail time for drunk driving, Gazza now wants to be an actor - Nov 10, 2010
- Gazza brands ex-wife Sheryl a wicked vulture - Feb 25, 2009
- Gascoigne's ex-wife gets undisclosed libel damages from UK paper - Dec 18, 2010
- Gazza arrested by police for causing criminal damage - Sep 19, 2008
- Gazza wants to change his name to 'Gassa' - Aug 29, 2012
- 'I'm an alcoholic, I'm ill, but I'm not a bad person,' says Gazza - Aug 23, 2010
- Drunk Gascoigne taken to hospital after trashing Brit hotel with curry, puke and stubs - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: bender, binge, casualty, dunston, england football, fag, football star, gateshead, gazza, grouse whisky, local pub, metz, onlooker, pals, paul gascoigne, playing pool, self destruct, stomach, terrible thing, time of day