Now, Ramadoss comes in support of PrabhakaranApril 26th, 2009 - 4:53 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Apr 26 (ANI): A week after Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) chief Karunanidhi’s statement that he did not see Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) chief Prabhakaran as a terrorist, Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) founder S. Ramadoss on Sunday described the Tamil Tigers chief as a leader of a liberation movement not a terrorist.
“Prabhakaran is fighting for the Tamils in Sri Lanka. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, former South African President Nelson Mandela and Palestinian movement leader Yasser Arafat were also at one point of time labelled as terrorists,” Ramadoss said.
Ramadoss also criticized the Indian Government for “waging a war against Tamils by supporting the Sri Lankan offensive”.
Ramadoss’ statement came a day after All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) supremo J. Jayalalithaa on Saturday demanded a separate ‘Tamil Eelam’ in Sri Lanka.”We have been asking for a ceasefire. It is not enough. Sri Lankan Tamils should get justice and lead a normal life. They should get all rights that are available to Sinhalese. For this, a separate Eelam is the only way,” Jayalalithaa said. (ANI)
- Vaiko immerses slain LTTE chief Prabhakaran's mother's ashes in Chennai - Mar 23, 2011
- Final tally for Tamil Nadu elections - May 14, 2011
- Will get Sri Lankan Tamils their rights: Jayalalithaa - Aug 11, 2011
- Sri Lankan Tamils protest Sonia Gandhi's London visit - Mar 18, 2011
- Tamil Nadu calls for sanctions against Sri Lanka - Jun 08, 2011
- Jayalalitha, Ramadoss criticise India's Sri Lankan policy - Apr 19, 2009
- S Ramadoss wants Sri Lankan envoy to be sent back - Oct 04, 2009
- Indian MP refused entry into Sri Lanka - Feb 22, 2011
- Filing of nomination for TN, Puducherry and Kerala to end today - Mar 26, 2011
- India should help form Tamil Eelam: Ramadoss - Apr 26, 2011
- Lankan Govt. and Army giving false reports on war: Ramadoss - May 04, 2009
- Vaiko slams Congress for links with DMK despite corruption charges. - Feb 24, 2011
- DMK joins hands with PMK for Tamil Nadu assembly polls - Feb 18, 2011
- Ramadoss compares LTTE chief Prabhakaran to Mandela, Arafat - Apr 26, 2009
- Tamil Nadu polls: Allies urge Vaiko to reconsider boycott - Mar 21, 2011
Tags: aiadmk, ceasefire, chennai, indian government, j jayalalithaa, leader yasser arafat, liberation movement, liberation tigers of tamil eelam, liberation tigers of tamil eelam ltte, movement leader, nelson mandela, netaji subhash chandra bose, palestinian movement, president nelson mandela, south african president, sri lankan tamils, subhash chandra bose, tamil tigers, waging a war, yasser arafat