Now, Paswan blames Congress for Babri Masjid demolitionApril 20th, 2009 - 5:51 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, Apr 20 (ANI): After Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad, it was Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan’s turn to blame the Congress party for the demolition of the Babri Masjid.
Lalu has just said that there was a Congress government at the Centre when the Babri mosque was pulled down. Who can dispute this fact?” Paswan told reporters here.
On April 18, Lalu Yadav had blamed the Congress for the demolition of the Babri Masjid in Ayodhya in 1992.
Paswan also criticized the Congress for attacking him and Lalu.
“The Congress is forgetting the sacrifices made by us for the party that heads the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) Government at the Centre. It is only after Congress President Sonia Gandhi attacked Lalu at an election rally in Jamui for misgovernance during the RJD rule that we retaliated,” he added.
Paswan reiterated that the Congress should not have flexed muscles by fielding a candidate against him in his parliamentary constituency in Hajipur.
“What is the Congress doing? When they know that they cannot garner even 2,000 votes in Hajipur then why did they put up a candidate against me? What strength are they trying to prove?” Paswan said. (ANI)
- Now, Paswan holds Congress culpable in Babri demolition - Apr 20, 2009
- After Lalu, Paswan slams Congress party - Apr 19, 2009
- Rivals in Bihar polls worried ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Sep 29, 2010
- Campaign picks up for Bihar polls - Oct 16, 2010
- Voting for Purnia by-poll under way in Bihar - Jun 25, 2011
- Keep Lalu-Paswan out of UPA, says Bihar Congress - May 08, 2009
- Farm tenants' rights, caste issues on test in Bihar poll (Curtain Raiser, 4th round) - Oct 31, 2010
- Bihar polls: Test of governance, rule of law in phase three - Oct 27, 2010
- Strike evokes a near total response in Bihar (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2010
- Bihar poll-second phase: Caste arithmetic to play decisive role (Curtain Raiser) - Oct 23, 2010
- Campaign heats up in tandem with mercury (Political Roundup) - Apr 20, 2009
- Congress, RJD trying to confuse voters. says Nitish Kumar - Sep 21, 2010
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
- Campaign heats up, Manmohan stays coolly confident (Intro Political Roundup) - Apr 20, 2009
- LJP leaders blame poll debacle on alliance with RJD - Jun 08, 2009
Tags: ayodhya, babri masjid, babri mosque, congress government, congress party, congress president sonia gandhi, demolition, election rally, janata, lalu prasad, lalu yadav, ljp, lok, muscles, parliamentary constituency, progressive alliance, ram vilas paswan, sacrifices, vilas