Now, get your snaps clicked while hunting caribou with Sarah Palin!October 4th, 2008 - 6:00 pm ICT by ANI
New York, October 4 (ANI): An artist in New York City is offering people a chance to fake going caribou hunting with Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin in picture forms.
Dawn Robyn Petrlik of Brooklyn has set up photoshopped cardboard cutouts of Palin and daughter Piper in front of a backdrop mountain scene.
There is also a huge stuffed caribou, presented as though it had been shot by the hunters in the picture.
All that a person is required to do is to hold a cardboard rifle and pose for a photo with Palin and her daughter.
“Humor is the best way sometimes to deal with very serious issues,” the New York Daily News quoted Petrlik as saying.
Hundreds have been snapping photos of themselves, hunkered down between the Palin gals or holding a rifle up high, since the piece opened last month.
The photographs of people who have had their snaps clicked in different poses cover the wall next to the installation.
“About one-third of the people have wanted to shoot Sarah, and all of them thought they were unique,” Petrlik said.
She said that she had also had some Palin supporters drop by to pose with the vice-presidential nominee.
The newspaper report said that Petrlik came up with “Photo Op” last month after seeing a picture of Palin and her little girl next to a freshly-shot caribou, which it had published last month.
Petrlik rushed to finish the piece in a week, and later nicknamed the caribou “Petunia”.
The piece costs 12,500 dollars, but getting your picture taken with Sarah is free.
“A Photo Op with Sarah Palin” is showing through October 26 on weekends at the Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition in Red Hook.
“She is a powerful woman; I would give her that. And she’’s obviously charismatic,” Petrlik said of Palin. (ANI)
- Palin hunts caribou in Alaska on reality show - Dec 07, 2010
- PETA slams Palin for using animal hunting controversy to boost show ratings - Dec 08, 2010
- Palin to Obama: Stop 'pussy-footing around' over release of Osama death photos - May 05, 2011
- Hunting expert grades Sarah Palin's shooting skills - Dec 09, 2010
- Chinese couples opting for faked wedding albums - Apr 05, 2012
- Palin's 2012 challenge: To reduce gap between favorable, unfavorable ratings - Nov 19, 2010
- Sarah Palin angers FOX official Roger Ailes - Nov 23, 2011
- Sarah Palin signs her book "America by Heart" for Iowa fans - Nov 28, 2010
- Kristen Stewart's Vogue Picture Fairly Photoshopped? - Jan 20, 2011
- Spears searching for homeless fan - Oct 04, 2011
- Mercede Johnston says that Bristol Palin is the most evil person that she knows - Aug 09, 2011
- Sarah Palin not to run for president - Oct 06, 2011
- Sarah Palin offered $1 mn for lie detector test - Sep 25, 2011
- Sarah Palin gets restraining order against her stalker - Apr 15, 2011
- Sarah Palin bumped from People mag cover for Kim Kardashian - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: backdrop, brooklyn, brooklyn waterfront, cardboard cutouts, caribou, caribou hunting, daughter piper, gals, little girl, new york daily news, newspaper report, october 26, photographs of people, powerful woman, presidential candidate, presidential nominee, red hook, report said that, sarah palin, york daily news