Now, a vending machine to sell Smart Cars!July 2nd, 2008 - 5:07 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, July 2 (ANI): Japanese manufacturers of smart cars - hybrid vehicles about half the size of the regular saloons that need lesser space to park - have come up with a new concept to woo prospective buyers.
A faux vending machine, holding a full-size Smart Car, has been installed in Shibuya Station for the purpose.
Though the machine does not pop out a car when its buttons are pushed, it does deliver pamphlets on the new models, dealer information, and a sheet of Smart Car stickers featuring the available colours.
It is believed that rising fuel prices, and a burgeoning Eco movement in Japan, may help make the Smart Car a hit in the country.
According to a report, the Smart Vendors time in Shibuya Station is now over, but such machines will be installed in three more spots around the country next month. (ANI)
- 2011's Most Fuel-efficient Cars Vie For Buyers Attention - Jan 19, 2011
- Kolkata Metro to have smart card recharging machines - Jun 08, 2012
- China opens largest electric car-charging station - Jan 30, 2012
- Railway stations to have coin vending machines by August - Jul 13, 2012
- London gets a gold vending machine - Jul 02, 2011
- Train station vending machine in China offers live crabs! - Nov 04, 2010
- Chevy Volt: A Winner From GM's Stable! - Jan 15, 2011
- For fuel-efficiency, cars need to be wired with better brainpower, less horsepower - Sep 01, 2010
- Now, Pepsi's 'Social Vending System' will help you socialise with strangers - May 02, 2011
- 'Delhi government can take action against car dealers' - Apr 20, 2012
- Nissan Leaf Rumors Brushed Aside By The Company - Aug 26, 2010
- ATMs Selling Gold Bars Coming To USA - Sep 28, 2010
- Zoomsystems Vending Machines To Churn Out Body Shop Products - Mar 16, 2010
- Order reserved on plea seeking curb on 'illegal charges' by car dealers - Mar 21, 2012
- Diesel cars beat hybrids in fuel efficiency - May 06, 2011